thanks jausa ... do you have any pictures of the hallways and suite entrances on a typical floor? just wondering how it turned out ~

They're still not ready. At least the floors we saw. Will do some more pics on Thursday and post them.

Hey guys, I just have a few quick questions. Does the parking lot go up above ground, or above and underground? Also, do you know if they would let you choose your parking spot?

One on ground level (just some parking spots), one on level 2 (nice one), and downwarts P1, P2, P3
As far we understood you cannot choose your spot. It depends on the unit you have.

I have one more question. If you look at the floorplan for the amenities on the centro website, it shows as being one floor. Why does the podium look like it's two floors?

Good question, no idea.
Try to find it out on Thursday.

jausa

I have one more question. If you look at the floorplan for the amenities on the centro website, it shows as being one floor. Why does the podium look like it's two floors?

does anyone know where the mail is being redirected to at the moment? the memo posted said retail services something..is that in the town centre mall?

does anyone know where the mail is being redirected to at the moment? the memo posted said retail services something..is that in the town centre mall?

The mail is going to the Canada Post distribution centre on Progress Avenue. 280 Progress Avenue.

It is its own seperate building/lot - not in the STC.

When you enter the parking lot go past the intial mail trucks and turn left - do not go to the back of the building - the entrance for consumer use is at the front of the building on the far South/West side.

Bring photo ID and give your unit number and address.

IMPORTANT FYI - If you want a storage locker go pick up your mail quickly because they sent a letter to everyone who had previously indicated an interest and asked us to email them back with confirmed interest in the locker. They are then assigning lockers this week (they say) based on who responds by email first as there are not enough lockers and by the way, not enough parking spots for the number of units.

Another important note, they will not confirm one way or the other, but if you get a locker, before you give them any money for it ensure you see the locker they plan on assigning you. I went down to the 3rd and 2nd floor of the South Tower to check out the possible lockers that I may get and half of them have pipes, emergecny shut off valves, electrical etc, in them that I am sure the building rep/construction people would need access to from time to time - not to mention they are cutting into locker space and I doubt there are any price concessions being considered for that.

It seems that the building is getting more tenants everyday. Congrats to all who moved in already! :eek: And good luck for those who are going for their pdi's this month.

For the lockers, it's priced at $3500 for the big one and the smaller size is unknown...maybe $3000? From my experience the locker size can't be chosen similar to parking lot space. The payment will be amending your purchase agreement and once you receive the approval, then you can go pick up your keys from tammy. Good luck again for those who're pending for locker/parking approvals.

As for the shared amenities... I believe their targeted completion was sometime in the fall this year.

Jausa, just wondering how your PDI went. Also, did you take some more pics and ask them about the amenity building?

PDI went very well. We had a homeinspector (he wasn't too impressed, paint job, etc) but that's his job. Our expectation was fulfilled!!
GREAT UNIT, great building! Certainly some "bugs" here and there but nothing serious. PDI tooks almost 1,5 hours, Ken from the builder was a very nice guy and gave us a comfi feeling during the time.
Hallways are not finished yet, everywhere busy people and still a lot of work is going on. Poolarea/recreation area not open yet, therefore no comment from my side yet.
Parkinglot we get after closing (occupancy). However, this building is already worth every cent we paid and we are very happy.
some pics are coming.

here some pics:

042.jpg

034-1.jpg

033.jpg

031-2.jpg

013.jpg

011.jpg

008-1.jpg

045.jpg

031-1.jpg

030-1.jpg