Jausa, when you say 28th floor, is that the legal level (which would make it 32nd floor), or is that the floor you push in the elevator (which would make it 24th floor)?

Last edited:
Elevator level 28, it's legal level 24

Jausa, when you say 28th floor, is that the legal level (which would make it 23rd floor), or is that the floor you push in the elevator (which would make it 34th floor)?

I need some advice. I was at the sales centre today, and everything looks great! I am looking to purchase one of the penthouses. I just have one problem ; I don't want to buy anything until I can see it first. They are supposed to be ready for viewing in June, and I need to be out of my current place by July 1st. Do you think I should buy without seeing it first? Is there anything I can do to help the process?

difficult to say.
Actually we bought without seeing anything and wasn't disapointed.
The corner penthouses are looking pretty similar to the other corner units in the building, just one more balcony, a bit larger and floor to ceiling windows (the additional balcony and the floor to ceiling windows were the reasons why we went away from the penthouse).
If you like the layout from your unit then go ahead and don't wait.
Or ask for a tour. I am sure they will allow you to go into the unit, even if it's not finished yet.

jausa

I need some advice. I was at the sales centre today, and everything looks great! I am looking to purchase one of the penthouses. I just have one problem ; I don't want to buy anything until I can see it first. They are supposed to be ready for viewing in June, and I need to be out of my current place by July 1st. Do you think I should buy without seeing it first? Is there anything I can do to help the process?

Well my cousin bought a unit in a condo downtown, and he was very pleased with the layout. When he saw his unit for the first time though, it was very different from the plan. I have asked many times if I could see a penthouse unit, but they always say it's not viewable.

Ok, your thing.
I do not believe the layout will be so different from that what you saw on a brochure.
Ours was 100%, i do not see a reason why the penthouse layout should be different.
A 100% guarantee you wil find nowhere.
When i see how many guys here in that forum can go in high floors in any construction building and do pictures and display them here, then maybe you should consider to ask the builder guys next time on "another" way.
However, if you're not confident, don't buy it.

jausa

Well my cousin bought a unit in a condo downtown, and he was very pleased with the layout. When he saw his unit for the first time though, it was very different from the plan. I have asked many times if I could see a penthouse unit, but they always say it's not viewable.

soodude,
I have a sub-penthouse corner unit, which is the same layout as the penthouse unit, but with the wrap-around balcony. My PDI isn't until end of this month, but I will try and take pictures and post here if I can, if that helps any. My uncle works for the builder, and he says that the layouts are nearly 100% to the drawing's specifications, if anything, the sq. footage increased from the brochure (depending on how old the brochure you have is).

One thing though: I do know that my mortgage company's appraiser did go into the building to try and gain access to my unit to do his appraisal, they did not let him go up. So I don't think you could walk in and try and get a viewing, don't waste your time if you had that in mind!

Last edited:
Thank you for the info Ontnut. I need to buy very soon, and I won't buy anything without seeing it. However if you went for your PDI and everything was ok, then I would buy. But if I can't get that by next week, I'l have to buy a cypress unit. Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
I'll email my uncle and see if he can get you a viewing, since you're interested in buying. I'll keep you posted if/when I hear back.

Back