Thanks Ontnut! That really helped me make more sense out of it. But so, the TV has to go in front of the window? That's a bit strange.

It doesn't have to, my outlets just happened to be there, and I have a nice view out the window beside it. I know the other penthouse units have it reversed, with the couch on the terrace side and tv along the wall. Just personal preference I guess.

There hasn't been any activity lately...but has anyone met the new property manager? How do you like her? I think she's much much better than what we had before and speaking to the gatehouse/cleaning staff, they seem to agree too.

02/07/2012 anyone an idea what happens right now at 190 borough drive?
strange things are going on here.
security will not tell us.....

Jausa, what do you mean by "strange things"? I live in the south tower as well and I haven't noticed anything that I would call "strange".

Jausa, what do you mean by "strange things"? I live in the south tower as well and I haven't noticed anything that I would call "strange".

then watch out of the window, borough drive is closed by police, fire workers, emergency, the street is full with people, plus C-TV with TV cameras

and fireworkers enter the building with oxygen masks and special clothing

Last edited:
Really?! My unit faces north, I cannot see the street. That is very strange! I will go check right now!

Really?! My unit faces north, I cannot see the street. That is very strange! I will go check right now!

if you hear something , post it please.
we was asking 3 security guys and they said they cannot tell us.the property manager would inform us tomorrow.
great......

i'm going slightly mad.....
is there any spot in GTA left where you can live without crime and drugs?

Apparently there was a possible meth lab bust...check citytv/680 news

http://www.citytv.com/toronto/cityn.../213142--police-discover-scarborough-meth-lab

Edit: I see it was posted already.
I can't say I'm surprised, given it's Scarborough and that there have been some other drug-related busts/activity in the past year here. But seriously, a meth lab? In a new condo building? They couldn't have chosen a less conspicuous place? lol...

We had the jumper from across the street in the winter, now this...the drama never ends in Scarberia!

Last edited:

Didn't think this place would be that scary... Might need to consider for another place to live. I would of been so scared if someone jumped on to my balcony.

Off topic but wanted to know something...I've noticed recently in my unit that the AC is not working. Just wondering who did you contact to get it resolved? Also was there any fees involved?

Thanks!

Didn't think this place would be that scary... Might need to consider for another place to live. I would of been so scared if someone jumped on to my balcony.

Off topic but wanted to know something...I've noticed recently in my unit that the AC is not working. Just wondering who did you contact to get it resolved? Also was there any fees involved?

Thanks!

There are some pretty clear instructions posted in the lobby/elevators. You will need to file paperwork with security/property manager to have thermocool come fix it. They will require a credit card from the owner to proceed. They won't charge you if unit is under warranty, which it should be, it's just a precaution so they don't work without getting paid. They will contact you by phone to setup appointment and get your cc info so make sure to provide a good phone number.

Back