News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Should Chick-fil-A stay or go?

• Total voters
There's no doubting the fact that Chick-Fil-A is one of the best fast food restaurants out there, no other fast food opening would get a line stretching around the block like that. As expected, the protesters looked like a freakshow, I suspect their strategy was to scare people away with their body odor.

Anyway I really hope they open more locations soon, because at this rate that particular location will always be crowded.

There's no doubting the fact that Chick-Fil-A is one of the best fast food restaurants out there, no other fast food opening would get a line stretching around the block like that.

You must have forgotten about Jolibee, where the lineups lasted for weeks. Or even Krispy Kreme when it first came to Toronto.

AoD

I think Chick-Fil-A will be a hit. The food is pretty damn good for fast food. I'll have to look into the anti-gay stuff.
I agree, they’re going to be very popular. I’m a kid of the 1970s and 80s where ones sexuality wasn’t really discussed, especially if it deviated from what was then considered the norm. I don’t think I ever boycotted a product or store for its owner’s political views, for on one hand I really don’t care, and on the otherhand my inner skeptic would demand that I know what every board member of every company that I buy from thinks and does on the topic before I complain.

As long as the chain doesn’t violate the Charter I say let the market decide. I’m more interested to see how their being closed on Sundays impacts them. I remember when shops were closed on Sundays, but I believe restaurants were exempt from Ontario’s Sunday shopping ban. I certainly recall going out for Sunday dinner as a kid.

Last edited:
I’m more interested to see how their being closed on Sundays impacts them. I remember when shops were closed on Sundays, but I believe restaurants were exempt from Ontario’s Sunday shopping ban. I certainly recall going out for Sunday dinner as a kid.

Restaurants, theatres, cinemas were all exempt by the time I was a child, in the '70s. But I know they had all faced restrictions at some earlier point.

As to this establishment..................

From their website....

Is this truly what has people excited? I can't say it does it for me, appearance wise anyway. But chacun son gout.

Growing up in the late 50s/early 60s I recall theatres were closed on Sundays. Restaurants were open but no liquor sales (non-restaurant bars were closed). Even after things started loosening up there was the 'dining room' liquor licence where the food sales had to exceed the liquor sales. That went on well into the 70s.

Torontonians will line up for ANYTHING.

The more mundane, useless or overpriced the longer the lineup!

It's so annoying. Lining up for fast food that isn't free?
Restaurants, theatres, cinemas were all exempt by the time I was a child, in the '70s. But I know they had all faced restrictions at some earlier point.

As to this establishment..................

From their website....

View attachment 202598

Is this truly what has people excited? I can't say it does it for me, appearance wise anyway. But chacun son gout.

Take a picture of a McDonald's cheeseburger then ask the same question. I think what people like about Chic Fil Ait is it's different. The salads are different, the fries, the drnks, desserts, etc. I'd personally rather see In N Out burger, hardees or checkers up here but C-F-A will do. I'll probably eat it once and that's about it. I'm not a big fast food eater, but I get the hype.

Popeye's already sells chicken sandwiches in Canada.

Even Tim Hortons of all restaurants sells chicken sandwiches.
To clarify, I mean specifically that Popeye's brought out a sandwich in the US that is an exact replica of the Chick-Fil-A sandwich but was widely described as being better to the point they've sold out of it.

I got for the food, not the politics. The food was great, staff is very friendly, lots of good seating inside.

Back