News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
The church is the Centennial Japanese United Church, located at 701 Dovercourt Rd. I pass it almost daily - quite a nice building.

^ Yep.

And I have no clue why they're advertising this as "Walking distance to College Street and Little Italy" where the truth is that it's slighty off Bloor West and not exactly all that close to College. Another marketing ploy I guess.

Here's a pic of the church:

dsc01481ux3.jpg

It's a shade under half a mile to College. How is that not walking distance?

I've been waiting for something like this to happen to the church on the northwest corner of College and Palmerston. It's begging for renovation and conversion into lofts (IMO) and the property is up for sale.

I hear church conversion to lofts is a huge thing in Australia. I have friends living in a converted church in Melbourne. Are there any church lofts in Toronto already? Pardon the ignorance if there are a tonne.

math whiz? hardly

There's another church conversion (a born again xtian?;) happening @annette and pacific avenue--called "victoria lofts." I went in the church just a few months ago (curiosity and i love old historic buildings) and found a bunch of Korean kids rehearsing some xtian rock stuff. Guess that community just sold the church--it's a gorgeous red bricker on the outside but the interior was very presbyterian (ie very plain.) I will walk by there again soon to see what's up.

I've been waiting for something like this to happen to the church ...

I hear church conversion to lofts is a huge thing in Australia. I have friends living in a converted church in Melbourne. ...

There's another church conversion (a born again xtian?;) ...

Just a passer by on this thread, but I particularly enjoyed this phrasing.

This site seems to have been rather quiet the last year but this morning this huge crane arrived.

Looks like they were lifting 1-2 square foot tiles that look like patio tiles up to the roof.

DSCN3786.jpg

DSCN3785.jpg

DSCN3787.jpg

Thx for the pic posts, you really get around. I love this project, such a gorgeous building. It looks like it's coming along well.

Back