News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

The pub where Barn used to be is opened. To say it is a dump would be an understatement. It's basically The Barn with tables and bad lighting. It's going to make it's money during Pride though only because of its location. I was expecting more. Churchmouse and O'Grady's are 5-star compared to this.

Another dingy pub? Well that's very disappointing to hear.

I agree. I went in last weekend. No air. Bad lighting. Bleak. Ghetto. Heartbreaking.

It's hard to believe someone would actually open such a dump or that someone would willingly go.

But it fits with the Village " vibe " to reproduce main street Woodstock or London Ontario. It's another museum piece where the Gays can time travel back to the sleepy small towns from which ( many ) came.

Shabby, rundown, moribund Church Street, is a sad pay back for the success of the Gay Rights Movement. What a reward.

I have to agree. Walking past, it doesn't look very inviting at all; it doesn't seem like very much work was done in terms of renovations.

I live nearby - honestly, based on aesthetics alone, the place is a total dump. The exterior paint job, half painted-over mural and "paste on" signs should have been an indication of the final product, which likes like it made it 70% of the way and never to completion. There was no one inside on any day that I walked by since their "Grand Opening" for dinner earlier this week. Not to mention, a couple walked by thinking it was a local dive that hasn't been renovated since the 1970's. I didn't have the heart to tell them it just opened after a "renovation."

I called this weeks ago. Church Street is tacky, old and decrepit, and this just continues the trend.

I called this weeks ago. Church Street is tacky, old and decrepit, and this just continues the trend.

I wonder if the building will end up being demolished as the owners apparently can't find anyone who can make use of it (assuming this place is doing as poorly as it sounds). Does it carry a historocal designation?

Last edited:

Back