News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Barbara Hall Park is starting to take shape quite nicely, looking to be ready just in time for World Pride. The black and white tiles on the west side of the park have been put in place. The mural is starting to take shape as well - looking extremely good in my opinion. Probably the best out of the other murals around the village.

I think it's my favorate mural too, it's coming along very quickly and looks even better today.

I'm of the mind that a "soft" opening of the park will be in time for Pride (barely) with completion to follow. The Church Street side of the north part of the park is moving along, the back half of the north side hasn't even begun, though there is less to to back there. All this after eight months (including a long harsh winter) of work, which did continue at a pretty slow pace throughout the winter months. The smaller south side with paving tiles, trees and lighting might be done in time. I'm guessing that full completion of the park won't be until the end of July. I hope I'm wrong.

I keep hearing people complain about the terrible murals on Church Street but nobody mentioned this fabulous mural. I love this one and think it's very well done.
[video=youtube_share;jUm7vzCsjIM]http://youtu.be/jUm7vzCsjIM[/video]

Oh, and a little video telling people who's coming to perform at World Pride 2014.

[video=youtube_share;E9dnmdaYAcQ]http://youtu.be/E9dnmdaYAcQ[/video]

I keep hearing people complain about the terrible murals on Church Street but nobody mentioned this fabulous mural. I love this one and think it's very well done.

Thanks for posting this, I didn't know it was there. I see a good friend of mine is on that mural which is very cool!

Park update yesterday

North side of Park, Church Street side -

In front of the 519 Community Centre -

South side of park from Church Street

Back & centre areas of the park -

18 days until World Pride, and nearly half of the park is still a staging area. I think they'd be wise to lay pebbles where the grass is to be laid, then remove it after Pride & sod or seed the areas. If they were ready to lay sod in a week (they won't be), it will not survive the trampling and will only have to be redone.

Yeah, why have it done in time for World Pride? I mean, it's only World Pride! What is this city like!

You don't often see banks move across the street. This is the BMO going from the southeast corner of Bloor/Church to the northwest corner of Bloor/Church.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M4W 1B7

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 14 166371 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Jun 2, 2014

Project: Office Interior Alterations

Description: To complete interior alterations to the ground floor of the existing office building for tenant fit up for Bank of Montreal.

Rainbow intersections beginning

From a friend off Facebook

927330_492267237540080_849768832_n.jpg

They're also painting the building on the south-west corner of Church/Wellesley

BpSTadaCUAM-bSg.jpg

Last edited:

Back