News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Option 1 sure works for me. Additionally, a little TLC to 596 Church and 69 Gloucester would be perfect if the application is withdrawn or application closed.

I got the same message! I was delighted to read it. I think the original plans were a huge failure here. I'm glad it's not going through as proposed.

As-per Xtra's Twitter acct:

Rage! A screening of Track Two documenting the Bathouse Raids & riots of 1981 is TONIGHT @ Buddies (12 Alexander,Toronto) Donations go to 519

Too many of us young gays don't appreciate the history behind our lifestyles. We sometimes take it for granted. Seriously, ask someone under 30 about Stonewall.. see what they say! LOL

I love that retro footage. I had no memory of Yonge/Breadalbane prior to the Burger King being on the corner, so I didn't realize that that corner signage (now for the Sobey's) originally started out as signage for the Parkside Tavern. It's interesting to watch it all frame by frame and trying to pick out details that are still extant.

I loved the Treack Two video! I forgot how crowded Yonge Street used to be. I was surprised to see "The Crotch Watch" in there. lol (the old Country Style Donuts on Yonge St) I spent many nights in that place and had some really good times. Where did all the wonderful eccentrics go?

Was at Crews/Tango this past Sat night for the first time in a long time and for the first time since they reopened. It was incredibly busy on every floor and in every room. Crowd is a lot bigger (maybe too many as there was a line to get into the back) and a lot more mixed than what I remember. There seemed to be just as many straight guys and girls as there were gay. For the most part, it was very easygoing and there was a good vibe. Perhaps it was because I was with good people, but I had a great time!

Was at Crews/Tango this past Sat night for the first time in a long time and for the first time since they reopened. It was incredibly busy on every floor and in every room. Crowd is a lot bigger (maybe too many as there was a line to get into the back) and a lot more mixed than what I remember. There seemed to be just as many straight guys and girls as there were gay. For the most part, it was very easygoing and there was a good vibe. Perhaps it was because I was with good people, but I had a great time!

I was there a couple weeks back because the line at Buddies was too long. I was disappointed that Crews now charges cover =[
That said, I think it has picked up to pre-closing levels of busy-ness.

I was there a couple weeks back because the line at Buddies was too long. I was disappointed that Crews now charges cover =[
That said, I think it has picked up to pre-closing levels of busy-ness.

Cover is only $5, c'mon! LOL
I hate the inconsistency w/ ID checks there (and other clubs in the Village area). Sometimes they'll accept HealthCard, sometimes not. I hate dragging my passport out incase I lose it.
A HUGE pet-peeve of mine at Crews is that you can't drink on the main patio anymore due to 'noise complaints' from residents in the towers behind it ('Vaseline Tower').

Like, you knew it was a party hood when you moved in? SO WHY COMPLAIN NOW!? UGHH!

A HUGE pet-peeve of mine at Crews is that you can't drink on the main patio anymore due to 'noise complaints' from residents in the towers behind it ('Vaseline Tower').

Like, you knew it was a party hood when you moved in? SO WHY COMPLAIN NOW!? UGHH!

My living room, dining room and 2nd bedroom windows were about 50 feet away from Crews/Tango when I lived on the 9th floor next door, I simply closed the windows if I found the noise distracting - problem solved. Some people are way too uptight.
The same will happen if the proposed condo goes forward on Church between Dundonald & Gloucester, once people move in the complaints will start and that will close down the two patios at Fuzion & Voglie (580/582 Church St.), or whatever they'll be called in the future, sucking more nightlife from the street.

Cover is only $5, c'mon! LOL
I hate the inconsistency w/ ID checks there (and other clubs in the Village area). Sometimes they'll accept HealthCard, sometimes not. I hate dragging my passport out incase I lose it.

i wonder what will happen to all the local businesses regarding noise complaints when that parking lot next door gets developed ?!?

but then again, chances are a developer might have to / want to include the lots on both sides ...

i wonder what will happen to all the local businesses regarding noise complaints when that parking lot next door gets developed ?!?

but then again, chances are a developer might have to / want to include the lots on both sides ...

It shouldn't be much of a problem because if my information is correct the same owner has acquired all the property from Maitland to the Alexus condos, so everything comes down. "Play on Church" was the last hold-out but if what I'm told is correct, the fellow who owns the property got his price.

Back