News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I happen to have a different opinion from yours. Many people prefer suburban areas.

The original comment you took emotional exception to was a comment mostly about sustainability and fossil fuel dependence, not personal preference.

Perhaps before you rag on people and call them names, you might first figure out what they’re actually talking about.

September 2020: https://www.mississauga.ca/projects.../churchill-meadows-community-centre-and-park/

Southwest elevation:
CMCC-Southwest-Elevation-scaled.jpg

Pool:
CMCC-Pool-Ceiling-scaled.jpg

CMCC-Pool-Ceiling-2-scaled.jpg

Are they going to build something on the empty land situated north of the CC that can be seen in the last picture? Perhaps future phases? Or is that just going to stay as empty land?
Churchill Meadows Community Centre and Park – City of Mississauga
Phase 1 -
  • Open to the public in spring 2021
Phase one construction for the features below is underway.

Community centre:

• Aquatics centre with approximately 27,000 square feet, including a 25-metre, six lane pool and leisure pool
  • A gymnasium of approximately 18,000 square feet
  • Multipurpose spaces of approximately 6000 square feet including a kitchen
  • Common areas of approximately 5,000 square feet including a lobby, general office, public washrooms, cash room and shipping and receiving areas
  • Change rooms and washrooms to support the pool and gymnasium
Park:

• Two lit artificial turf soccer fields, one with a seasonal dome
  • Playground
  • Spray pad
  • Skate park
  • Multi-purpose court
  • Outdoor fitness equipment
  • Trails
  • Natural area enhancements
  • Parks operations space
  • Site servicing, infrastructure and parking
Phase 2
The design and construction of additional amenities will be determined in the future, pending available funding. Uses identified through the public engagement process are being considered, along with the following proposed facilities subject to future available funding:

• One lit multi-purpose sports field
  • Cricket pitch
  • Tennis courts
  • Leash Free Zone
  • Trails
  • Natural areas
  • Additional infrastructure and parking

I'm bothered by the name of this CC/park. There's already an existing Churchill Meadows Community Common Park, and a Churchill Meadows Library (which probably should've been moved to this new facility). Does no one think it will be confusing opening a Churchill Meadows Park and Churchill Meadows Community Centre now? Beautiful looking facility either way.

Great photos/video. Love the artificial fields.

Regarding the name of the park (and library)...
Friendship Community Park” is the new name being considered to replace what is currently Churchill Meadows Community Common. The name change is being put forward in order to avoid confusion when the new Churchill Meadows Community Centre and Sports Park opens this coming spring. I recommended the name “Friendship” as it not only represents the unity within the diversity of our community but reflects the gathering of family, friends and neighbours that happens so often at this well-used park. A report will be coming to Council soon to present the name and begin a month-long public engagement process where residents can share their feedback. Watch my eNewsletter and eBlasts for details once they are available; I look forward to hearing from you.

Related to this, the Churchill Meadows Branch Library and Activity Centre at 3801 Thomas Street will also be getting a slightly revised name in the future. When the Churchill Meadows Community Centre on Ninth Line opens, recreation programming currently in the activity centre will switch over to the new facility and the available space is earmarked to become dedicated to older adults. Initial suggestion for the new name of this facility is Churchill Meadows Library and Older Adult Centre.

Uploaded this month from (more images available) https://www.mississauga.ca/projects.../churchill-meadows-community-centre-and-park/:
1612916837031.png

1612916802228.png

1612916868245.png

1612916885623.png

1612916900497.png

1612916923870.png
1612916957406.png

1612916977057.png

This building got some serious angles and dynamics going for it. Surprising for something that's essentially big box store shaped...

...but no traction or database filing on the UT department yet? :(

I don't know whether to like or dislike this building. It's like half the building is cold and sterile, while the other half is warm and inviting. Unfortunately, the cold and sterile side is facing the main road / parking lot.

Back