News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

When we had a smoking room in our office -- I am going back to the late 80s, early 90s -- it was the best place to be. Interesting conversations, great gossip, even some innovative ideas. When they finally did away with it and removed the furniture, you could see the outlines against the wall where it was. The walls were ochre but, where the furniture covered them, they were white.

When we had a smoking room in our office -- I am going back to the late 80s, early 90s -- it was the best place to be. Interesting conversations, great gossip, even some innovative ideas. When they finally did away with it and removed the furniture, you could see the outlines against the wall where it was. The walls were ochre but, where the furniture covered them, they were white.
Hahaha... I believe it!

I've made my best networking connections (and moved ahead in the corporate ladder) by the folks I met while smoking in front of our offices. There are some advantages...

It's sort of weird. I've had the same experience, you make additional connections via smoking. All of a sudden you can be chatting with someone several levels above you because you both share a horrible habit. Also made random good friends from it as well.

That's about the only good thing that can come from smoking.

I don't know a smoker these days that doesn't want to quit.

Try moving a picture hung on the wall of a smokers house. My sister bought a cottage from previous smokers ( they loved the place but none of her family smokes so their only worry was getting rid of the stench.). They actually managed to get rid of it (scrubbed the entire place walls, floors, all surfaces) but you can still see in several places where the last people had a bigger picture hung on the wall. It's like the wall was painted a darker color but they painted around the pictures still hung on the wall.

Back