News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Can u please point out the similarities one by one? I must admit we are too young to know how it was back then so it would be really nice if u could enlighten us.

quality not good

I was renting a corner unit at 35 mariner terrace on the 47th floor and can tell you that the insulation was bad. Even from high up you can hear the noise on the ground level. Not only that, but the wind noise was also bad. they have done a poor job with sealing.
this developer is into mass production and it is quantity over quality.
i've moved out and now purchased a condo...9T6 condos.

Can u please point out the similarities one by one? I must admit we are too young to know how it was back then so it would be really nice if u could enlighten us.

Really!.... One by one?

No

Do your own leg work. Damn, I do so get tired of the whiny gimme gimme some attention cause I'm special, Mommy said so Genx er's ( or is it GenY) I can never remember. Scroll up and read the the last 15 or so posts.
A little late for asking to be enlightened isn't it? You already live in the City Place complex I gather.
Or possibly you were hoping to bait me so you could do your best at defending Cityplace. Like I said . Read the previous posts. The arguments are in place . While you are at it with your response, puleeease spare us your personal experiences of how wonderful living here is. Nobody really gives a crap, including me. This forum is about architecture, urban design,and subjects along that gendre. This particular section is about real estate. You want to talk about the wheelbarrow full of money you made? Go for it. You want to talk about what a beautifully built structure you reside in, I'm hanging off your every word. You want to tell me and the rest of the world you are living out there on the cutting edge of 21st century home design, and your reasons to support that,..fire away.

Really!.... One by one?

No

and your reasons to support that,..fire away.

Too bad. I really liked ur response before this and was honestly expecting to hear more because u seemed to be reasonable. Boy was i WRONG! Nothing but another self proclaimed know-it-all bitter queen "expert"!

A cookie for you, Nabru.
The funny thing is that it is so hard to take Gei's comments with any seriosness. I respect his opinion, however his comments, and his defensivness, frankly, remind me a little of me in my youth.
It's hard for him to consider the possibility that the couple generations ahead of him have been here before and might actually know what we are talking about. There are too many similarities to simply dismiss. You know that, Northstar has tried to point this out, others have, and so have I. The Demographics for Citypace belongs to these kids. If I was Twenty or Thirty something today this is where I would probably go.(But I would rent) I liked a good party or two every weekend too. But then I grew up. We had St. James and Rochdale to name a couple and no boring older farts were gonna tell us we didn't know what we were doing. Thank God we at least weren't carry mortgages on these places. LOL!

Of course I'm going to defend my own decision. When I was first looking to buy I wanted somewhere close to work, and somewhere I would enjoy living.

I got those two things, and in abundances. As an added bonus, I also got a ton of appreciation.

From where I'm standing, it the best "real estate" decision I have made so far in my relatively young life. I thought it would be relevant to share that fact here in the "real estate" forum.

Your meaningless comparisons don't really contribute anything to this thead. Allow me to demonstrate:

Your current residence reminds me of st james town.

See how easy that was! I don't have any good reasons WHY it reminds me of that... (heck, I don't even know where you live!)... but I'll make that comparison and throw in the fact that I'm an old fart and pat myself on the back for making a useful post!

Seriously speaking, my experience with (really) old people is that they they (obviously) have a lot of knowledge of the past. Most of it is irrelevant, but to make themselves feel useful they try and make comparisons like yours and throw in the standard "we've seen it before, you're too young to understand".

In reality, most of those comparisons aren't valid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._James_Town

Based on the wikipedia article on SJT, there really only appear to be a few similarities in the two developments. They both consist of 20 buildings, they were both marketed toward young people and the surrounding amenities are lacking.

According to the article, it sounds like SJT's downfall was contributed mainly by the apartments lack of appeal, but also the fact that the city built 4 public housing projects right next door.

CP's archetectural design might seem a little bland to some, but so far, not one actual resident has had anything bad to say about the place.

WRT the excessive outside noise some people have mentioned, is this not mainly due to the large windows?? Is it any different any other new building that is primarily glass?

There's no sense arguing with these old farts. Reading their comments you'll be inundated with hypocrisy, contradictions, self-righteousness, half-truths , outdated ideas that may or may not be relevant at the current times (60's versus now) and incomplete information presented to promote their own agenda. There's no objectivity but only smugness and a feeling that they are above all others.

I was renting a corner unit at 35 mariner terrace on the 47th floor and can tell you that the insulation was bad. Even from high up you can hear the noise on the ground level. Not only that, but the wind noise was also bad. they have done a poor job with sealing.
this developer is into mass production and it is quantity over quality.
i've moved out and now purchased a condo...9T6 condos.

Luckily you were only renting. Those headaches are your landlord's, not yours. For you it was just an aggravation and now you are out of there. Now it's another unsuspecting tenant's aggravation, until his lease is up.
Congrats on your purchase at 9T6. Nice choice. I'll bet you did some careful research before you bought. I'm sure you will like it there.

concord cityplace

hi Guys,
I used to work for Concord Cityplace as an inside sales agent and can fill you in on any information you require both good/bad.
PM for details!
thanks

Does anyone know how much you could rent a parking space out for in Cityplace buildings? I'm thinking about renting there but I don't need a space and most come included with one. Also, does the unit number reflect the floor? For example, is #605 on the 6th floor and is #3205 on the 32nd floor?

Does anyone know how much you could rent a parking space out for in Cityplace buildings? I'm thinking about renting there but I don't need a space and most come included with one. Also, does the unit number reflect the floor? For example, is #605 on the 6th floor and is #3205 on the 32nd floor?

120-150 for the parking.
and the unit number doesnt refelct the floor. City place buildings dont use the number 4. so there is no 4th floor, 14, 24, 34 and ofcouse no 13. so the 605 is the 5th floor. and 3205 by my math is 28th.

120-150 for the parking.
and the unit number doesnt refelct the floor. City place buildings dont use the number 4. so there is no 4th floor, 14, 24, 34 and ofcouse no 13. so the 605 is the 5th floor. and 3205 by my math is 28th.

I assume the lack of "4"s is because 4 is bad luck in Chinese culture and no 13 is due to western superstition BUT why the hell did they give units numbers starting with 4, 13, 14, 24, 34? Talk about being confusing! If I were to visit someone in Unit 2402 I would anticipate going to the 24th floor.

I assume the lack of "4"s is because 4 is bad luck in Chinese culture and no 13 is due to western superstition BUT why the hell did they give units numbers starting with 4, 13, 14, 24, 34? Talk about being confusing! If I were to visit someone in Unit 2402 I would anticipate going to the 24th floor.

makes for a quick trip to the 15th floor!

There is no such unit as 2402 in cityplace. as i said they dont use the number 4. There arent even units like 304. So if you tell your guests your address of "blah blah suite 3211" they would get into the elavator and press 32.

Call it what you want... but if you live above 3rd, your on 4th... and if you live above 12 your on 13th. The Pinnacle buildings have all floors labeled correctly.. Only building I know with a 13

Back