News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

People problems are everywhere. The Scarborough building I lived at, had fire alarms going off several times a night and several times a week. It was really annoying. I suspect someone was smoking in the building or pulling it. Also plastic bags left in the elevators.

Issues I've seen at WestOne residents were dog poo outside entrance elevators once, large items left inside the garbage room (they're too lazy to bring it down), etc. They seem to think it's a hotel with maid service to clean up after them. The carpets get really dirty too. The newer buildings use darker carpets I noticed. The neighbours on my floor in general seem to be quiet. I hardly hear them unless they're in the hallway.

The building does have building issues such as elevator and laundry tubes. I didn't experience the laundry issues with water leaking but seems others have. They seem to have fixed it in the newer buildings like Luna and Parade. We've had water issues but they seem to come from contractors who forget to shut off water valves or turn off the water when filling the pools.

I'm not sure about the elevator problems at the newer buildings. But we've had ours break down quite often a year after closing. Fujitec doesn't seem to be a good elevator builder. Overall, I wouldn't say it's that bad but certainly far from perfect. This also isn't a high end luxury building. If I had to pay over $800 PSF for it then I would certainly bitch. You get what you pay for.

I can only speak for HVE, but my experience so far has been terrific. I've never had such nice neighbours anywhere before, security are nice, and things seem to work rather smoothly. Amenities are usually well maintained, and the area comes across as extremely safe overall.

The suburban aspects of the design that some people here complain about have, at least in harbour view estates, kept the homeless and beggars away from the area - which works great for me. My girlfriend sometimes has to come home late at night using public transit... and the relative lack of crazies and makes me feel a lot better about this. As soon as you go North of Front street it becomes a lot more stressful for a young attractive woman to walk at night.

Hi everyone, I am a newbie in here.
personally I am interesting in Quartz right now, but I heard a news that stopping me to jump for it, there is still so many available in the market for sale. Dose any one know what's going on right now? is it the location, price or quality problem?

Last edited:
Investors buy and sell for a higher price. The people who bought in the earliest units bought about 10 years ago so they are likely needing a different type of space. Lastly the build quality is reputed as being middle of the road.

a insider told my friend, no any insider from Concord purchase Quartz right now, they rather wait for North York (Sheppard and Leslie) in spring. Any one knows it??

I can't believe how much dog shit there is in Cityplace. It's everywhere, including the gravel & walkways in Canoe Landing Park but the worst of it is in the Linear Park, along the north. There are dozens of piles of shit all along the sidewalk and gravel of the park. It's really disgusting that these people feel no responsibility to clean up after their pets. You would think Cityplace corp would clean it up. It can't be good for business.

I can't believe how much dog shit there is in Cityplace. It's everywhere, including the gravel & walkways in Canoe Landing Park but the worst of it is in the Linear Park, along the north. There are dozens of piles of shit all along the sidewalk and gravel of the park. It's really disgusting that these people feel no responsibility to clean up after their pets. You would think Cityplace corp would clean it up. It can't be good for business.

Check out the south linear park... even worse than the north.

Its all in bags, but there are large piles of bags around every light pole.

Check out the south linear park... even worse than the north.

Its all in bags, but there are large piles of bags around every light pole.

This isn't a Toronto thing, it a condo thing and very silly people - where I work at Hi-way 7 and Town Center Bld... near warden, there's been 3/4 condo projects completed and there's dog crap everywhere now!

One thing is when now melts it gets much worse as there's lots of buried surprises

I often wonder if the dog poisoners out there, while obviously misplacing blame and taking things to far, were motivated by dog crap they had too much of. Some people just shouldn't have pets. Some people just shouldn't have access to poisons.

I often wonder if the dog poisoners out there, while obviously misplacing blame and taking things to far, were motivated by dog crap they had too much of. Some people just shouldn't have pets. Some people just shouldn't have access to poisons.

Think the poop problem in Cityplace isn't that bad? Think again. Paris has nothing on Cityplace. (when it comes to dog shit) Why doesn't Cityplace or the city of Toronto clean this up?
[video=youtube;iqdA4knRkQw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqdA4knRkQw[/video]

Watch this video in sniff-o-ramma. lol

Last edited:
Think the poop problem in Cityplace isn't that bad? Think again. Paris has nothing on Cityplace. (when it comes to dog shit) Why doesn't Cityplace or the city of Toronto clean this up?
[video=youtube;iqdA4knRkQw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqdA4knRkQw[/video]

Watch this video in sniff-o-ramma. lol

Or the DOG OWNERS?? Thats just wrong. This is why I have cats, there is no choice in the matter, if you don't clean up the cats waste, you place ends up smelling like it.

But back on topic, is this new development taking up the entire lot? Or will there be other buildings on this particular lot area along with Quartz.

I posted earlier about this problem in my neighbourhood too. It's sickening - and I have a dog, which of course I always pick up after. I started to notice this on Thursday, but today it was very apparent after the major meltdown in the past two days combined with the strong winds yesterday which helped to dry-up the sidewalks and grass.

If I lived at cityplace, I would hang out for a while to see who doesn't pick up the shit. Then snap of photo of them and post it in the lobby.

I know someone who lives at City Place and gave another resident s*it (pun intended) for not picking up. He didn't care, said "what are you going to do about it?" and laughed. With that attitude, you're not going to get very far convincing them to be responsible dog owners unfortunately.

Back