News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

New market in CityPlace, in addition to the current MyMarket Farmers Market that takes place on Tuesdays. This one is more winter/Christmas themed though.

10604742_10154680980075580_7891341796403476945_o.jpg

Attachments

• 10604742_10154680980075580_7891341796403476945_o.jpg
    10604742_10154680980075580_7891341796403476945_o.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 1,545
Trick or Treat from condo to condo. Pumpkins on the map below represent buildings that will be handing out candy to kids who want to go door to door. Candy will be given out in lobbies. Many businesses are also participating, as well as Fort York!

10177887_10154808936140451_1700010474384488711_n.jpg

Attachments

• 10177887_10154808936140451_1700010474384488711_n.jpg
    10177887_10154808936140451_1700010474384488711_n.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 1,496
New restaurant opening up in Parade II:

View attachment 38486

Now that The Grove has served its last meal, we wondered where the talented chef Ben Heaton would go next. Turns out he’ll be the executive chef at Città, Hanif Harji’s new casual southern Italian restaurant in CityPlace. The room will seat just under 100 people and the menu will focus on charcuterie, pasta and delicious things coming out of two wood-fired pizza ovens (they’ll eventually be offering delivery service). At The Grove, Heaton’s food was billed as British pub grub, but it was the city’s most refined, colourful and imaginative take on old-school English cooking. We can’t wait to see what he’ll do with some San Marzano tomatoes and doppio zero flour. Doors open on December 16 at 92 Fort York Boulevard.

http://www.torontolife.com/daily-di...ew-italian-restaurant-lands-first-class-chef/

Great to see CityPlace get another unique restaurant.

Tuscani, do you have any knowledge of what may go into the old TD or Spot Coffee locations on Bremner just east of Spadina? It's unfortunate to see two of the larger retail units sit empty.

Great to see CityPlace get another unique restaurant.

Tuscani, do you have any knowledge of what may go into the old TD or Spot Coffee locations on Bremner just east of Spadina? It's unfortunate to see two of the larger retail units sit empty.

Spot will be another restaurant which should be announced sometime soon.

As for the old TD space, it is likely being subdivided into 2 smaller units. I know a burger joint has been floated for CityPlace, so wouldn't be surprised to see one open in that space.

This is awesome stuff for CT !

A new facility with a community recreation centre, child care centre and two elementary schools is being planned for Block 31 of the Railway Lands and the City of Toronto, Toronto District School Board (TDSB) and Toronto Catholic District School Board (TCDSB) are hosting a public meeting to share information and get feedback about the planning and design process. Block 31 is located adjacent to Canoe Landing Park at the corner of Fort York Blvd. and Brunel Court.

Local residents are invited to attend an open house with City staff, Councillor Joe Cressy (Ward 20 Trinity Spadina), TDSB Trustee Ausma Malik and TCDSB Trustee Jo-Ann Davis.
Brief presentations will take place at 2, 3 and 4 p.m. and representatives from the City and School Boards will be on hand to discuss the project. Child care services will be provided.

Date: Saturday, February 28 Time: 2 to 5 p.m.
250 Fort York Blvd.

Also, liquor license application has been posted in a retail unit at Spectra for Roses New York. Persian style pizza.

They need to do something about that intersection at Dan Leckie Way and Fort York - someone is going to get killed there soon enough

They need to do something about that intersection at Dan Leckie Way and Fort York - someone is going to get killed there soon enough

The city is already on it. A traffic study was launched and should be done in a month or so. I'm predicting that a set of traffic lights will be put in.

They need to stop people from parking right at the intersection outside Tim Hortons as well.

I was nearly hit by someone backing up there at the intersection on Saturday - especially in the lane that's going straight ahead or right.

Spectra Retail

Spectra has 5 or 6 retail units? Anyone know if any more are rented other than the Roses New York? A lot of retail potential there for Cityplace, actual retail spaces and not live/work units.

Also, liquor license application has been posted in a retail unit at Spectra for Roses New York. Persian style pizza.

Royal Meats will be opening at the end of November. Looks like they are missing out on patio season.

Another unit at Spectra is now leased and is going to be... *drumroll please*.... ANOTHER DENTIST! CityPlace is going to be full of people with beautiful teeth!

Walking around the neighbourhood the other day, I noticed all of the trees are maturing quite nicely throughout CityPlace. The boulevard along Fort York is developing a pretty decent canopy, as is the North Linear Park, and Canoe Landing Park. I wish the trees growing within the Fort York ROW could be transplanted if/when the Waterfront West LRT is ever built.

The city is already on it. A traffic study was launched and should be done in a month or so. I'm predicting that a set of traffic lights will be put in.

I live on Queen's Wharf south of Fort York Blvd. On the south west corner of that intersection, there's a fence around the old Loblaws property. That fence is always filled to the brim with people parking. You can't even see around the corner as you're turning onto the street, and pedestrians have the tendency to walk right next to the parked cars. I've almost hit a few cause you literally can't see anything. Someone really needs to stop people from parking there and/or put in a sidewalk.

Walking through Cityplace I noticed that the last chance for a decent retail strip, is coming to an end. The retail west of Dan Leckie Way is not going to create any synergy at all. In the condo beside the library we now have a small pharmacy, which is mostly for prescription drugs. Along with that we have a new dental clinic. Then on the south side of the street, I just saw a sign go up advertising another dental clinic taking up 2 retail spots. So we have 4 retail spaces that will be completely useless to 99% of the population who already have a regular pharmacist and dentist. These types of uses never bring any animation to a street. The only good news is the restaurant/bar Roses Of New York, opening in that same retail strip. At least that will come with a patio to liven up the strip.

Tim Horton's on that corner, does more to animate Cityplace than all those retail spaces probably will. (especially if they keep with this dental/medical direction) Why can't those types of spaces go on the second floor of offices/retail areas? Sidewalk retail is too valuable to be used as dental offices.

Back