News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

There was no significant renovation proposed for St. Andrew because the three renovations were meant to compliment the three new cultural institutions opened/renewed nearby (ROM, 4SC, AGO).

Personally, I hate the strong bluish light of the LEDs the TTC has installed at St. Andrew, and they might ruin certain stations on the Spadina line. I can't imagine bluish light working too well with rich shades of red, orange and brown.

Though again, it's only part true--the colour and general visual appearance evokes the old, but they're using Museum-esque vertical panels rather than tiles...

June 27

video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIqjVXEmyME

IMG_june-27-09-0090.JPG

IMG_june-27-09-0092.JPG

IMG_june-27-09-0093.JPG

IMG_june-27-09-0094.JPG

IMG_june-27-09-0095.JPG

Channels coming off northbound
IMG_june-27-09-0096.JPG

Last edited:
Who knew there was a St. Andre West station. Seriously TTC, hire some competent designers who have at least completed grade 8 art. If it wasn't for that, i'd be pretty happy with the new panels.

Who knew there was a St. Andre West station. Seriously TTC, hire some competent designers who have at least completed grade 8 art. If it wasn't for that, i'd be pretty happy with the new panels.

The spacing between the E and W is exactly the same as the spacing of all the other characters. They did nothing wrong.

Looks nice overall, but I agree with the St. Andre W comment. The EW pair is not supposed to have the same spacing as the other characters. I think it's called kerning.

The look is good. I agree the character spacing is off. I am also concerned about the warping at the top. This is a brand new installation... how can it be warped? Are they just using a plastic sheet of wallpaper?

I'm extremely happy that they have returned to the classic font but they just need to fix that kerning between the E and W. As a designer myself, that item should have stood out for anyone in their design department. The only problem is that the design dept of the TTC is probably a bunch of non-designers using corel draw.

Is that ceiling panel piece the new ceiling treatment? I wonder if they are going to be painting the roof black to help hide the brake dust.

^^^ It would be a lot easier to convince TTC and the public that retaining the original station designs is a good idea if they still looked like that. The current condition makes the campaign for redesign so much easier, especially with St. Patrick.

Back