News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
my first impression was that it reminded me of Luna Vista with its slightly curved face and roof treatment. So much for sunsets in the park...

I love Luna, Matrix & Panorama in CityPlace, but this looks like just an anonymous box like so many of the others. Nothing special about this, unless it's more curved and nicer clad than this first render shows.

Uninspiring, boring and even ugly.

This will also BLOCK the spectaular and impressive views of the city's skyline one gets on the Gardiner Expressway and worst of all the new park and Canoe.

I hope this never gets built.

LM

Its inevitable that the skyline view from the highway is going to be blocked. I for one don't think this is such a bad building. But then you do know where I live.

The podium is nice but the tower is plain-Jane. Should be slimmer, and can't there be something other than glass proposed here? Something a little more 'solid' might offset the blandness of endless glass.

Ugly, ugly, ugly... I wonder if this bldg has been reviewed by Toronto's Design Review Panel yet, I'd be curious to hear their comments. I'd also agree that there's too much glass and not enough "solid" to even relate to its neighbour ie. Loblaws building soon to be revitalized. It'd also be interesting to see, once this block and the Fort York blocks are fully built, how the underside of the Gardiner will be used.

Personally, I like 'sterile' architecture. I think the neighbourhood will be great once some of the TCHC buildings go up to really give some contrast.

Last edited:
Funny thing is, the TCHC buildings will likely be well advanced of all the Cityplace towers in terms of architecture and design.

This this announcement, which does not yet appear on their website, it looks as if the signature tower will have to wait.

Back