News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

On a slight aside, when I talked to Adam Vaughn a few years ago at the opening of Canoe Landing I asked him what he thought about CityPlace as an overall development and he said he loved it. He said densification is great and it means less people commuting.

Something similar happened with a fairly new condo up in Richmond Hill a few years back that began to sink and had foundation problems. I don't remember the details but it seems to me that it's fixable,

The city condemned the building and left the owners to fight it out with the developer.

Well then, you don't know for sure. I have been to every AGM meeting, I read all the minutes in the board meeting. I even made a call to one of the board members of our condo. Even the CBC did not say we have foundation issues. I can assure you, there are NO FOUNDATION issues. It's amazing how rumors start from a simple reply on a forum like this.

I do know for sure, as Councillor Vaughan told me this himself. He has been to meetings and heard first hand from the engineers that have been checking things out. The CBC wouldn't mention the foundation issue because it is not part of the story they covered. The story was about a lawsuit that has nothing to do with the foundation.

Concord even knows about the issue, and is looking at options to fix the foundations before they get worse and end up costing owners even more.

This is such a great building... I really like it... I want to know that where is it situated? And what is the name of this building...!!! Please anyone acknowledge me about it?? Thank you!!

Something similar happened with a fairly new condo up in Richmond Hill a few years back that began to sink and had foundation problems. I don't remember the details but it seems to me that it's fixable, but it's not cheap.

I was living in the area when that happened (it was back in the 90's). The three building development was apparently built over a natural aquifer deep in the ground which made the building settle a lot more than normal. Windows and walls were constantly cracking after the condo was constructed. The foundation had to be stabilized, and a permanent pump was installed underground to control the groundwater. However this was for a 12-storey building, much shorter than the buildings at Cityplace.

I do know for sure, as Councillor Vaughan told me this himself. He has been to meetings and heard first hand from the engineers that have been checking things out. The CBC wouldn't mention the foundation issue because it is not part of the story they covered. The story was about a lawsuit that has nothing to do with the foundation.

Concord even knows about the issue, and is looking at options to fix the foundations before they get worse and end up costing owners even more.

I have a contact at Adam's office, and i was able to talk to Adam's assistant. Who said this is news to them... Much of the talk in this thread is about foundation issues at Cityplace, THERE ARE NO FOUNDATION ISSUES!

growing pains for a city that just went through a condo boom... this is what happens when the city gets greedy and doesn't protect their citizens... IMPROVE the building code!

I have a contact at Adam's office, and i was able to talk to Adam's assistant. Who said this is news to them... Much of the talk in this thread is about foundation issues at Cityplace, THERE ARE NO FOUNDATION ISSUES!

Which assisstant did you talk to? I can tell you his EA knows of the issues, as well as his assisstant (Jenn) that is responsible for the Southern portion of Ward 20, who was there when Adam Vaughan mentioned the issue.

growing pains for a city that just went through a condo boom... this is what happens when the city gets greedy and doesn't protect their citizens... IMPROVE the building code!

this would have nothing to do with building code, although that would benefit consumers in other respects like sound isolation, etc.

this could be either a poor engineering decision, or cheapness by the developer to do something right the first time around and hoping the issue wouldn't crop up for at least 10+ years.

Which assisstant did you talk to? I can tell you his EA knows of the issues, as well as his assisstant (Jenn) that is responsible for the Southern portion of Ward 20, who was there when Adam Vaughan mentioned the issue.

This is the email response I git from Adam Vaughan office.

"As for foundation issues, I'm not sure we've been contacted about this, if it is a problem at one of the buildings."

Jennifer Chan

Constituency Assistant to
Toronto City Councillor Adam Vaughan
Ward 20 - Trinity Spadina

Flux you forgot to mentioned that ANY negative news about Concord "issues" will only increase the already negative view of these buildings and affect resale value.Insurance companies and banks dont like dealing with builders with issues....

maybe the north york park place will help concord's reputation in toronto... crossing fingers :)

Back