News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

mkerian

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm going to buy an older condo soon in Toronto, and I'm trying to budget some moving costs. I plan to install new laminate flooring, paint walls, and redo the kitchen. I am going to pay for professionals to do this, I did most of the work myself before and I do not want to do it again. I've got the money and time and will have professionals do it.

However, it's tough to google some estimates. So if anyone has any general ideas it would be very much appreciated.

For a place that's about 1300 sq ft

Approx. Cost and Time to install laminate flooring (including tearing out old floors)
Approx. Cost and Time to paint all walls
Approx. Cost and Time to install Ikea Kitchen (including tearing out old kitchen)

Thanks!

Wiring? Are there fuses that need to be replaced with circuit breakers? Maybe with more circuits. Do you want the internet/TV/phone wiring hidden but available in almost each room?

BTW. With metal studs, wireless WiFi reception could be diminished. Locate the router in the middle of the suite.

I'm sorry? I don't really understand, but wiring is not an issue, nor is the wifi. Just my original questions regarding flooring, painting and kitchen. The kitchen appliances would all be in the same location.

Last edited:
Your questions about flooring (and other things) do not give enough information for an answer and are very specific to your situation and choices.

Flooring will depend on type of old floor, what kind of laminate you are using and how good your flooring contractor is. If you actually want an answer you should go to a flooring contractor and get an estimate.

Painting is easier to estimate but it depends on whether you are painting a light colour over a dark one - where it will need extra coats of paint. Also, do your walls need minor (or major repair?

Are you having Ikea install their kitchen - probably the best idea. If so ask them.

Don't forget that condos usually require good soundproofing materials under new flooring. You can't just lay the laminate over whatever is there.

Another consideration: Condos have rules about contractor insurance licensing, days and hours of work etc. Better to check them and be safe rather than sorry.

Don't forget that condos usually require good soundproofing materials under new flooring. You can't just lay the laminate over whatever is there.

Another consideration: Condos have rules about contractor insurance licensing, days and hours of work etc. Better to check them and be safe rather than sorry.

Sound ratings for floors of condos are achieved through the concrete slab, not the underlay of whatever the flooring is. You will need to get your condo board approval and probably a building permit to do the work though.

For the Ikea kitchen, ask Ikea

We had a 1500 sq foot condo refloored; it took two full days. Word of advice: don't live there while they are doing it.

Hello, friends i am Jack welly. I am in Montreal , i want to buy a Condos in Toronto. But i am confuse because i don't know about that city, and i have little information about real estate. Please suggest me, how to do this, and how to buy a affordable and luxurious condos in Toronto?

Back