News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Where and when did you buy a $242 k detached house? Must be really small or need a lot of work or be under and overpass or something.

how much do you think an upgrade to a square edged sink set me back? Has anyone gotten this as an upgrade?

6a00d8341c117253ef00e554780e088834-400wi

how much do you think an upgrade to a square edged sink set me back? Has anyone gotten this as an upgrade?

6a00d8341c117253ef00e554780e088834-400wi

I did and the amount depends on the type of sink. My builder only offered one from Blanco (10U maxi) and it was expensive ($2200 I think). I didn't have much of a choice because I upgraded the counters as well.

I did and the amount depends on the type of sink. My builder only offered one from Blanco (10U maxi) and it was expensive ($2200 I think). I didn't have much of a choice because I upgraded the counters as well.

$2200 is very steep. thanks anyways

Take a look at the prices for Blanco sinks; they're not cheap. Now add installation. Personally, I love Blanco. They are definitely superior to standard stainless steel sinks.

Take a look at the prices for Blanco sinks; they're not cheap. Now add installation. Personally, I love Blanco. They are definitely superior to standard stainless steel sinks.

Regardless, it's still steep. I expected it to be high...just not that high. Guess I'll see.

A double kitchen sink upgrade at Market Wharf is a $1,700+HST upgrade. I have no clue what make and style it is.

The sink you are looking at is top of the line, so maybe this puts it in perspective, I don't know... trying to help, but I know nothing about sinks except that I have a double sink where I live now and only use one side so I'm not paying $1,700. :)

Regardless, it's still steep. I expected it to be high...just not that high. Guess I'll see.

Most builder upgrades are a rip off. You can probably do it much cheaper afterwards but you will have to deal with the countertop as well. I reasoned it wasn't worth the hassle and the standard sink was very cheap and ugly. Good luck with your choice.

builder upgrade vs. post move-in upgrades vs. ???

so i've read through some of this thread but not all so forgive me if this question has been answered.

I was curious if anyone has asked a builder simply to not do a floor finish or not do a ceiling finish at all.

This is what i have gleaned so far: builder's upgrades are expensive and post move-in upgrades are a little cheaper but are messy and pain in the arse.

It stands to reason that if the builder simply left the floors or ceiling unfinished, this would reduce the time, mess, money involved with doing after.

Let me know if anyone has tried this and what the results were.

Also, what are people's experiences with washer/dryer upgrades? is it worth getting the builder to substitute or just to sell the current ones and buy new ones at a later date?

Thanks,
Rob

I couldn't get the builder to substitute appliance upgrades so had to sell what I got and buy new ones. It was a pain simply because it's a pain to move appliances in/out of a condo. The best way is to get a credit for the appliances so you can choose your own.

I'm not sure if they can/will leave a floor unfinished. We couldn't do our PDI until the flooring was installed -- at the developer's insistence, not ours.

We have black granite counter tops with a black Blanco granite over sized and deep sink. I think it cost around 900 dollars installed by the builder. The granite material is great.

With my place, getting a credit for the appliances was not an option as I was told they were all ordered (I couldn't get an upgrade for the same reason). I sold all mine as soon as I took possession and bought what I actually wanted.

Back