8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

simuls

Member Bio
Reaction score
Since we always hear numbers being thrown around about how many new condos are coming online I thought it would be a worthwhile exercise to see how many we can come up with that will be occupied and/or registered by the end of 2010 (that are not currently registered but may be recently occupied). Specifically i want to focus on the downtown core area which I would consider to be: Bloor to the lake, River to Dufferin.

So far I have:

VU
One Cole
Corktown District (549&569 King East, 52 Sumach)
Casa
Murano
London on the Esplanade
East
Bloor Street Neighbourhood
The 500 (Sherbourne)
X
Crystal Blu
The Uptown
Maple Leaf Towers (both)
West Harbour City
Quay West@Tip Top
Liberty Village Towers/Townhomes/Lofts
Bliss
Vibe
Bridge Condos
Bohemian Embassy
West Side Lofts
550 Wellington
75 Portland
Parade East Tower
Panorama
Luna
Luna Vista
Luna Villas
Success Tower 2
Glass House
Boutique Condos Phase 1
Neptune 2
The Residences of Ritz-Carlton

I'll update the list as people suggest and if anyone has the numbers on how many units each of these projects have (and % sold) that would also be super helpful. Hopefully within a couple days, we'll have a good tally and some real numbers to work with!

Last edited:
Parade 2 hasn't even started construction yet. Do you mean Parade podium and tower?

Thanks, those are really useful for names. It seems like the list is based on contractual occupation dates, and not realistic dates. I'd say a good 50% of those are off by 6 months to a year or more.

All of the above condos are selected based on realistic expectations, including current construction progess, that occupancy will occur in 2010.

What do you guys think about neptune 2. I think it's behind schedule and most likely will not meet the Oct 2010 occupancy date. It will probably finish sometime in summer 2011

For WHC, Phase 1 for sure... Phase 2 will probably see lower floors move in at the end of 2010 but I doubt it will be registered until early to mid 2011.

Considering there is such discussion in other parts of the RE Forum about bubbles, expectations, ways the markets are heading etc., I thought it prudent to update this section.

Here is the original list (with other peoples additions) that was created almost a year ago for the downtown core (Kingsway to DVP, Lakeshore to Bloor). I have updated them with regards to occupancy/registration and grouped them. If anyone has any info that will further update these - as I don't know when registration has happened for all of them, please feel free to post and I will update this secondary posting. If unit numbers can also be added that would be great!

I will also endeavour to create a new list for 2011.

VU
One Cole
Murano
London on the Esplanade
East
West Harbour City Phase 1
Panorama
Success Tower 2
Glass House
455 Adelaide

Occupied/Occupying:

Corktown District (549&569 King East, 52 Sumach)
Casa
Bloor Street Neighbourhood
The 500 (Sherbourne)
X
The Residences of Maple Leaf Square (both)
Liberty Village Towers/Townhomes
Vibe
West Side Lofts
550 Wellington
75 Portland
Luna
Luna Vista
Luna Villas
Boutique Condos Phase 1

Soon (Occupying before end of 2010):

Crystal Blu
The Uptown
West Harbour City Phase 2
Quay West@Tip Top
Bridge Condos
Parade East Tower
Boutique Condos Phase 2
Neptune 2
The Residences of Ritz-Carlton
Festival Tower
NXT

We originally expected 2010 but is delayed to 2011:

Bliss
Bohemian Embassy

Expected 2011:

Victory
Liberty Market Lofts

Again if we can add to this list then great!

Last edited:

Back