News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Ah, but I haven't slandered them about what you think I'm slandering them about. I'm slandering them not because I think they are racist, or because I disagree with their politics - but because they have clearly evidences that they are bigots by many, many, statements that many of their members, including their leader, have made on the same-sex issue. But it's a big boat - the current American president has also shown he is a bigot.

You have not pointed out once what is bigoted about the immigration policy, yet refer to members of the Conservative party as bigots who are racists. You've stated your own opinion on this issue and admitted that it is slanderous. To add to that, you've confused same-sex marriage with immigration.

Your last comment suggests a person who can't actually argue with facts, but instead must resort to faulty reasoning to convey an otherwise poorly informed message. So far, the only thing that can be ascertained from your typing here is that you are of the opinion that anyone who disagrees with you can be labeled a "bigot" by you.

It all shows a lack of clarity and great confusion on your part. Nothing more.

You have not pointed out once what is bigoted about the immigration policy
I never haved said the immigration policy is bigoted. I've clearly said it may even be worth considering (once there is some paper out on the actual proposal). I've made it quite clear than when I am referring to Conservatives as bigots, it's because of their bigoted policies on same-sex marriage.

You've confused my reference to Conservatives as bigots as being related to the immigration issue - other than having a concern about letting anyone who has unacceptable views about society make societal decisions.

Ah, but I haven't slandered them about what you think I'm slandering them about. I'm slandering them not because I think they are racist, or because I disagree with their politics - but because they have clearly evidences that they are bigots by many, many, statements that many of their members, including their leader, have made on the same-sex issue. But it's a big boat - the current American president has also shown he is a bigot.

Wow, apparantly everybody is a bigot:rolleyes:

Maybe you should spend a little less time tossing around insults. You are the one sounding like a bigot. Not all conservatives think or feel the way you claim they do, and not all people who are opposed to same-sex marriage are bigots... and give Obama a chance dude!

both sides are idiots...

thinking gays are evil is idiotic.

Thinking people who do not support gay marriages are bigots is idiotic as well.

It is possible to support and respect a group but still be able to disagree with it in certain ways.

That is what I hate about social Liberals or social conservatives...
Never a middle ground.

Strikes me as one of those problem you really can just throw money at (hiring more staff). Of course, the long-wait helps to dissuade people from joining the queue, so shortening the queue is an uphill battle. Is it possible to streamline the process? Why not grant visas relatively quickly and boot people for misbehaviour or poor economic performance?

I never haved said the immigration policy is bigoted. I've clearly said it may even be worth considering (once there is some paper out on the actual proposal). I've made it quite clear than when I am referring to Conservatives as bigots, it's because of their bigoted policies on same-sex marriage.

You've confused my reference to Conservatives as bigots as being related to the immigration issue - other than having a concern about letting anyone who has unacceptable views about society make societal decisions.

Speaking of confusion, this thread is about immigration policy and not same sex marriage. You have made numerous references to Conservatives being bigots and have been insinuating an ongoing strain of racism within that party and among its membership. That you would suddenly think the immigration policy that is being proposed is "worth considering" after your on-going innuendo concerning bigotry and racism in that party is a quality that transmits an air of confusion on your part. Lack of clarity in this instance is your own fault.

Finally, your own admission of slander further underscores that ultimately you are not interested in the merits of immigration policy, but are much more interested in name-calling as a means to validating your own prejudices about other people and your dislike for the politics of other persons.

Why not grant visas relatively quickly and boot people for misbehaviour or poor economic performance?

So someone from India who wants to start a business in, say, the IT sector should be deported if he loses money the first year?

So someone from India who wants to start a business in, say, the IT sector should be deported if he loses money the first year?

No. If they jump on the welfare bandwagon almost immediately or come with undisclosed chronic diseases.

No. If they jump on the welfare bandwagon almost immediately or come with undisclosed chronic diseases.

Welfare perhaps.

But a full medical screening is required prior to getting immigration to Canada. Highly unlikely that folks would get through with any chronic illness unless the doctors our government uses are incompetent.

Wow, apparantly everybody is a bigot
... they probably are about something. Not sure I see the big deal - I'm not the one having a freak attack about pointing out the obvious - it was simply one adjective in a whole paragraph - it was never the point of the post. I don't see the need for people to take this thread off-topic to discuss an adjective I used. I don't think anyone can deny that some Conservative policies are bigoted ... so let's not get off-topic with it.

Please remember the context of why I used the word in the first place. I was merely answering the comment of "I still can't get why anyone opposes this idea". And note that I did say perhaps it is a good idea ... I was simply trying to explain why some (not me, but some) might be speaking out against this proposal - and that's because of those who are proposing it - not the actual content of the proposal. Shooting down a proposal based on who it comes from is also wrong - and I guess ironically bigoted - however I was simply trying to provide the mindset of those who are shooting first and asking questions later.

Last edited:

Back