News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

1) Trefann Court should be considered part of Corktown. This part of the city is too small to be sliced into such tiny sections.
2) This poster is a troll/solocitor - they just google a neighbourhood and post on it.

Yes...sorry I did not have much to write, not a writer...just want to start a cornor for people to discuss...haha

It's an interesting neighbourhood, but yes I agree with the other poster that this is basically Corktown...

On a side note, has anyone driven down Bright Street - and did you notice like I did that the big row of townhouses has a serious lean to it? Gave a hall-of-mirrors feel to the street.

Hey dudes - sort of thinking of maybe living in a place on Ashby Place. Good idea/bad idea? Can anyone tell me specifically what the project is being built directly behind the laneway houses here? Will it block all the light to the yards of these homes?

Did my PDI at Corktown District 569 King builiding today. WAs prepared for the worst based on historical experiences other friends have had with Streetcar but it actually was a good experience. The unit looked as I expected it to look (third condo purchase so getting good at it now! :) Minimal things for the PDI list. The neighbourhood is really starting to bustle now that they've removed the shielding on the WDL development east of St. Lawrence Street. Think it will be awesome! I forgot to bring the cam to take some pics though!

Did my PDI at Corktown District 569 King builiding today. WAs prepared for the worst based on historical experiences other friends have had with Streetcar but it actually was a good experience. The unit looked as I expected it to look (third condo purchase so getting good at it now! :) Minimal things for the PDI list. The neighbourhood is really starting to bustle now that they've removed the shielding on the WDL development east of St. Lawrence Street. Think it will be awesome! I forgot to bring the cam to take some pics though!

Congrats! Pics would have been great when do you get occupancy? I agree, this will be a great node in the near future...

picture2bd.png

This is an older shot from Google Maps for reference, but the mystery building at Sackville and King seems to be moving forward with something!

It was my understanding that the people who own Weezies also own this building. I think the original plan to have a restaurant was nixed by the city as neighbours brought to there attention there was no proper area for garbage disposal or something? And that this may in fact now become a fancy deli or something?

Workers are currently tampering the ground for patio stones. Exciting.

Anyone have any info on this?

The address is 487 King East and they applied for a Zoning Review in 2008. I think they were allowed to open a restaurant there (the complaints were about possible noise and deliveries and garbage.). There are no building permits out for it so god knows what they are up to.

The latest neighbourhood hearsay on that location will be a fruit market type place. I believe more upscale than your typical K-Market or Chinatown type place, so the upscale deli portion sounds viable too. Provided they don't go too crazy with the general price point, it'd be great to have a place so close to swing by for fresh fruits, meats and perhaps some ready-made deli sandwiches and salads (that isn't either overpriced, or sub-par grocery store stuff).

I don't imagine they'd need a building permit (or bother getting one) for the work they're doing. I peeked through the paper on the windows the other day, and it looks like drywall is going up.

One if us should, I dunno, ask the next time we walk by? hehe

There appears to be an achaeological dig going on in the schoolyard at Eastern & Sumach. They've unearthed a row of concrete blocks.

I also noticed that work has resumed on the steel skeleton on Trefann St.

There appears to be an achaeological dig going on in the schoolyard at Eastern & Sumach. They've unearthed a row of concrete blocks.
I think this is prior to the work that the City and Waterfront Toronto are about to do on Cherry Street and the new streetcar line that will go up Cherry to King (or down Cherry to the railway). Cherry will be widened and this parking lot and part of the school yard will be buried by road. Work on this will start in March 2011.

I think this is prior to the work that the City and Waterfront Toronto are about to do on Cherry Street and the new streetcar line...

Thanks! And also for the link to Canadian Architect and Builder. They seem to peter out just as Construction gets going, so they make a good set.

Back