News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

not to sound like a dick, but maybe it would have helped if they actually opened their store when they finished its interior over a year ago?

I went by this afternoon and saw a closed-by-landlord notice on their property at King & Sackville -- the renovation of which seemed to stall out months and months ago -- but nothing on the restaurant itself at King & Power, save for a notice they'd be closed today due to basement flooding.

I walked by Weezie's tonight, a hand written sign said they were still closed due to pipe replacement in the basement. I sincerely hope that their basement flood is just a sad coincidence and that this isn't the death rattle for a great neighbourhood restaurant.

I walked by Weezie's tonight, a hand written sign said they were still closed due to pipe replacement in the basement. I sincerely hope that their basement flood is just a sad coincidence and that this isn't the death rattle for a great neighbourhood restaurant.

These posts panicked me, so I walked by today (Thurs) to take a look. Everything seems normal, no landlord or broken-pipe notices. Just a menu taped to the window and tables set for dinner inside. I think this great neighbourhood spot is safe for now!

These posts panicked me, so I walked by today (Thurs) to take a look. Everything seems normal, no landlord or broken-pipe notices. Just a menu taped to the window and tables set for dinner inside. I think this great neighbourhood spot is safe for now!

I sure hope you are right - I must try to get there next week.

Wow, I didn't realize that was a residential property. Looks beautiful. I wonder what it cost them to build? 700k?

That's definitely another unique house in Toronto! The view to St. Paul's Basilica is an unexpected amenity.

That King / Sackville joint is now up for rent. I wonder if the previous tenant will be required to keep all the interior fixtures in tact? They put up all sorts of re-claimed wood, distressed shelving and vintage chandeliers, not to mention the patio they put in.

How could they get so close and never open? Such a shame. I just hope whatever moves in will become useful for the area residents. Could be a GREAT little cafe / restaurant.

Fingers crossed.

Yeah, it's really too bad they never even made it to open.

With the new spa opening this spring and the migration of Studio B and Italinteriors down this way, we may be at the point where we start seeing more activity on this stretch of King East. Hopefully some entrepreneur sees the potential for the space.

I have noticed that the roadway connecting the king/queen/ river intersection to bayview is closing. It seems that the lower section of bayview(south of the bridge) will open up. What I can't tell is if bayview will now connect to front or mill st. or if there will be a tight loop that comes right back up to corner of river and of king. The reduction of traffic on king through the morning and evening rush would be very pleasant for those of us who live on king if it was to divert south.

Last edited:

Back