News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Yeah, that's good news and a great locale for the Real Jerk. Glad it's not going to move far.
Walked past the old location today. Didn't see a single sign saying where the new location was. Many signs saying location coming soon ... might have missed one, but I'm surprised they didn't leave a clear sign.

I am reading in the current issue of The Bulletin a peculiar story with headline "Power St. off-leash park infested by paid walkers". The story is on the back page and is a continuation of a story form the front page. One the back page it takes up about 10 paragraphs. Only 3 are actually about the dog park where it is alleged hordes of paid- dog walkers are driving to this park and filling it with their dogs "deterring locals" and having them "pay for space" they don't get to use.

I thought dogs were very social and would like to be around other dogs, unless I'm reading this wrong and the park is actually so busy that there physically is no more room for anymore dogs?

I am reading in the current issue of The Bulletin a peculiar story with headline "Power St. off-leash park infested by paid walkers". The story is on the back page and is a continuation of a story form the front page. One the back page it takes up about 10 paragraphs. Only 3 are actually about the dog park where it is alleged hordes of paid- dog walkers are driving to this park and filling it with their dogs "deterring locals" and having them "pay for space" they don't get to use.

I thought dogs were very social and would like to be around other dogs, unless I'm reading this wrong and the park is actually so busy that there physically is no more room for anymore dogs?

It's the Bulletin - why do you expect it to offer rational comment, or sensible layout? :->

It's the Bulletin - why do you expect it to offer rational comment, or sensible layout? :->

I fully expect irrational and conflicting commentary, and and a non-sensical layout, but they are simply quoting residents with this story. And, yes, I know "some residents" could just be the local busy-body chronic complainers, but I just wondered if it was a real thing.

I fully expect irrational and conflicting commentary, and and a non-sensical layout, but they are simply quoting residents with this story. And, yes, I know "some residents" could just be the local busy-body chronic complainers, but I just wondered if it was a real thing.

It came up at a neighbourhood association meeting a couple of months back - apparently some pro dog walkers come by daily with a van full of dogs and just let them loose for a while. It all seems kind of ridiculous.

I can see how it could be annoying if you're just a regular person with a single dog but I'm not sure there's an obvious fix.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Under Review

TORONTO ON M5A 1M1

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 12 211903 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Jul 16, 2012

Project: Other Interior Alterations

Description: permit for interior alterations to create new car dealership in existing ground floor vacant commercial space - Nissan - West Side, ground floor

This is the building at corner of King and Sackville. Going to Committee of Adjustment on 8 August. Just what we need, another paint store!

Property Address: 487 KING ST E Community: Toronto Legal Description: PLAN 108 PT LOT 15 PLAN D226 PT LOT 8 RP 66R21286 PART 1
PURPOSE OF THE APPLICATION:
To convert the existing one-storey building from a restaurant use to a retail use (paint supply store).
REQUESTED VARIANCE TO THE ZONING BY-LAW: Section 6(1)(A), By-law 438-86
A retail use is not permitted in a district zoned R3.

Ugh, it saddens me that this is being converted FROM a restaurant space. I blame those Wheezie's people for not getting their shit together. What happened? Landlord got spooked and went for the safe bet - a paint store.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Under Review

TORONTO ON M5A 1M1

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 12 211903 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Jul 16, 2012

Project: Other Interior Alterations

Description: permit for interior alterations to create new car dealership in existing ground floor vacant commercial space - Nissan - West Side, ground floor
Passed by today and there are new for lease signs in this entire commercial space. Could the Nissan dealership be scrapped?

The leasing signs are on the commercial space to the east of the condo lobby. There is still paper up (without leasing signs) on the large space to the west of the condo lobby, where the showroom likely could go. Website for Downtown Nissan now indicates a September opening.

Back