News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Does anyone know what might be going into 366 Queen East? It was formerly the "Federal Mattress Company" across from the TD at Queen / Parliament. There seems to be an extensive reno going on. Liquor License permit in the window with a variance sign stating a restaurant with more than 30 seats? Fingers crossed!

So it looks like this place will be a fine dining BBQ joint called Que Supper Club. Though I like the idea of a BBQ joint, this sounds kinda lame...

2nd Floor Appears Done

The second floor of 573 King E appears complete, it's some kind of office and there are window decals with the word "RAIN" and something smaller written underneath which I can't seem to make out.

The first floor is still empty, I can't imagine a daycare going in on the first floor now that the second floor appears to be an office of some sort.

I was also curious of the old Heart and Lung Association building. On the city's website, it's already listed as a Daycare: http://www.toronto.ca/children/dmc/webreg/gcreg12913.html

I wonder if this is current or old? Appears to be a daycare chain.

The second floor of 573 King E appears complete, it's some kind of office and there are window decals with the word "RAIN" and something smaller written underneath which I can't seem to make out.

The first floor is still empty, I can't imagine a daycare going in on the first floor now that the second floor appears to be an office of some sort.

It's an ad agency called Rain Forty 3 - http://rain43.com/

New gluten-free store (or restaurant?) has signs up on the streetcar building on King opposite St Lawrence Street. (510 King E?) Unit next to car dealership.

So it looks like this place will be a fine dining BBQ joint called Que Supper Club. Though I like the idea of a BBQ joint, this sounds kinda lame...

Well Que Supper Club didn't last long - there's a For Lease sign in the window

Well Que Supper Club didn't last long - there's a For Lease sign in the window

Not surprising. Who would want to go to a high end place right beside Annie's? The people smoking out front of there are terrifying. I wouldn't want to walk by them all dressed up, about to go spend $200 on one meal. They spent a hell of a lot of money fixing that place up, too. Someone lost a lot in that venture.

In other news, a bar is opening where Popeye's used to be at Queen and Sherborne! "Black Irish" oyster bar.
This is the worst place to open a bar ever. Even if the rent is free, it's not going to make money. I have hope for the area, but you gotta crawl before you run.

Actually - it looks like the sign is down at Que and it is open again.

I agree with you about the Black Irish bar - what are they thinking opening there?

Here's a pic I took the other night of Black Irish Oyster Bar's "Coming Soon" sign...

View attachment 19760

I don't quite share the negativity. It's certainly a risk, but the corner will eventually change and with all the condos immediately south, perhaps now is the time to start reflecting that.

Also, Nearby at 99 Queen East --- Carbon Bar, from Chef David Lee (team behind Nota Bene) will be opening in early December.

Here are two shots of the new lampposts going up on Front Street starting at Sherbourne and going east towards the Pan Am Village. I am amazed at how rapidly this area is coming together; the last 25% of the work is always the most visible.
photo.jpg

photo[1].jpg

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 331
  • photo[1].jpg
    photo[1].jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 370
Last edited:
I'm not sure I'd call this area Corktown, but I agree this is really coming together. The road was so awful before. The bump-outs on the side streets (Berkeley, Princess, George) look great, though it appears they may be postponing some of the finishing work for next year (the bump-out on the north side of Front & Berkeley was simply filled in with asphalt).

Back