News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I'm working from home for the forseeable future. Luckily it's a small company, with good remote desktop setups.

The Sprawl has a great comic about coronavirus.

What's the big call?

my ideal location for self isolation right now, like now....
ultimate self isolation location.jpg

All Universities in Alberta have cancelled classes for the rest of the semester effective immediately. Moving to digital learning starting Monday.

Oh I figured it was all.

It's pretty mental that U of A didn't do it a while ago, since two of their professors are positive.

Fort McMurray has chronic supply shortages at the best of times. Fort McMurray is incredibly connected through social media. Most of the population communicates through local Facebook groups. Currently exploding with where can I find ANYTHING posts and photos of empty shelves. No milk, bread, meat, eggs, produce, diapers etc. Like bare. It’s like everyone suddenly woke up.

Mostly working from home, which is usual for me anyways. I only go to my office IN the office a couple times a month tops normally. This virus might delay my move to Calgary a little bit, not sure yet. ?

Fort McMurray has chronic supply shortages at the best of times. Fort McMurray is incredibly connected through social media. Most of the population communicates through local Facebook groups. Currently exploding with where can I find ANYTHING posts and photos of empty shelves. No milk, bread, meat, eggs, produce, diapers etc. Like bare. It’s like everyone suddenly woke up.
I was just thinking about Fort Mac when I was in the grocery store today. Most of the store was surprisingly well stocked, but some items were sold out....like it is in Fort Mac on a fairly regular basis. Overheard some of the comments from people, they were shocked to see some items sold out,

Last edited:
I was thinking ahead two weeks ago. I secured at least a two month supply of...cat food and cat litter bah ha ha. I also have a bit of food for me. ?

I was at the Beddington COOP yesterday and it was mostly business as usual. A few items (like pasta, butter and toilet paper) sold out, but for the most part well stocked.

Likely only University of Lethbridge, University of Alberta and University of Calgary. Only University of Calgary is announced so far.
MRU announced this evening they are following UCalgary’s lead - only for lectures, otherwise campus remains open.

Back