News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

This was brought up on urbantoronto. Calgary has more cranes than New York. It's not a list to be taken seriously.
There are a couple of head-scratchers on the list. Vancouver, even the city proper, should be on the list. And yeah, New York most likely has more, but Calgary (at 29, not 26 like the list says) is still probably in the top 10. For a city this size, it's pretty heavy.

Vancouver just the city probably has 30 cranes at least. conversely, I think Seattle's count is the metro area. Not sure what happened to New York City. Montreal should be in there too.

In the grand scheme of things Calgary is doing well for a city its size and a city in a downturn economy. That's a good underlying side story.

Last edited:
There are a couple of head-scratchers on the list. Vancouver, even the city proper, should be on the list. And yeah, New York most likely has more, but Calgary (at 29, not 26 like the list says) is still probably in the top 10. For a city this size, it's pretty heavy.

New York has exponentially more than Calgary. Toronto with 85 is grossly undercounted as well. I don't know if Calgary would make the top ten. It's certainly behind the big 3 in Canada with 29 and the US is experiencing the same multi-residential building boom. It's an obscure stat either way.

I'm not sure where Calgary fits in NA wide. New York and Toronto should be well over a 100, and there are probably some other cities besides Montreal and Vancouver who are underrepresented. I'm guessing Calgary is still in the top 20, but not likely top 10. It's also probably the smallest city in the top 20 list.

Edit, I see Honolulu on the list.

It's compiled by a firm called RLB and they only report on where they have their offices, presumably, because places like Miami and all the Texas cities don't make their list either.

RLB seems to be strongly represented in Australia and just to put things into perspective for Toronto, Sydney has 346 cranes.

4th crane is now official for Cancer Centre

index (1).jpg

Attachments

• index (1).jpg
    index (1).jpg
    148 KB · Views: 871

Back