News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

thanks alot. I'm new at this and i appreciate all the help I can get.

I'm not sure how much I would trust rateyourbuilder. It seems that there are very few (if any) ratings of each builder.

I would try checking out www.tarion.com, click on "find a builder" and you can search by individual project or the umbrella group.

Hope it helps.

^ Tarion is a great source to review the builders record.

Bloor St. Neighbourhood is very behind in thier schedule and I understand there are a few unhappy purchasers.

A year ago I looked at CASA and Mode to buy a unit, but ended up going with a different builder and project. Cresford seems to be a bit more conservative in terms of starting construction and what level of pre-sales they require.

Nothing comes up when searching on Cresford in the "Find a Builder" section on Tarion. Could they be under a different name?

Tarion is indeed a great source to review the builder's record, but actual comments from their purchasers are of great value as well, which is why I directed kenneth to the comments posted on rateyourbuilder. Agreed, there are very few ratings on there, but the comments all highlight the same problems -- shoddy workmanship, poor customer service, no accountability, delayed closings, etc. I believe they're all referring to Quad Lofts phase I and II.

More interesting reading can be found on Quad's user forum, www.quadloft.com Several complaints about the builder abound on this forum, and not just about Quad Lofts -- see this one in particular about Bloor Street Neighbourhood: www.quadloft.com/quad/vie....php?t=716

I'm sure Cresford has many happy purchasers, but I don't think this many negative comments from not-so-happy purchasers can, nor should, be ignored.

^ Just like NIMBYism or virtually any other issue people will take the time to complain and let people know they aren't happy about something.

Happy purchasers aren't as likely to spend their time and efforts letting everyone know that they are satisfied.

I don't often see news broadcasts about "today hundreds of cars drove through the Yonge and Bloor intersection smoothly with no reported incidents... reporting live on the scene at the perfectly safe intersection is...."

Cresford developed the Merchandise Building (the former Sears warehouse) at Gould and Mutual.

Cresford: A sloppy builder?

I just biked by the atrocious Windemere by the Lake project and decided to take a close up 360 degree look at the tower. I'll avoid the long laundry list of complaints, but I was shocked to see that they have left all of the concrete exposed and did not paint underneath the balconies. Is this a standard procedure? It looks like a cheap rental property. Why would Cresford want to appear so half-ass? I'd be curious to hear from anyone who lives at Windemere or considered buying there.

Don't live there, but the contrast between the faux townhomes and the modernist tower is just too jarring.

Mode Lofts

Does anyone know why the sales office is closed? I've been trying really hard to get a hold of anyone who can tell me the new occupancy date and reason for delay. Anyone know anything?

Surely someone at their head office could respond to enquiries?

Cresford is now gearing up to sell a development at the corner of Yonge and Merton (the former Milnes Fuel property).

They're probably doing conversions now because those are not covered by Tarion. (Not that coverage by Tarion means anything. They're almost as useless as Cresford is.)

Back