8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

rdaner

Member Bio
Reaction score
I thought that I would start a new thread as there will be news coming about the cruise ship terminal on Polson Pier this year. From a record of 45 ships last year, 2024 will see an increase to 51. Having Cherry Street open will make logistics to and from the terminal easier and more aesthetically pleasing as many psssengers first introduction to our little burg! Not sure how many ships visit Montreal but it is enough to justify a very snazzy new terminal so expect there to be discussion about what a suitable building for Toronto would look like.

I didn't even know Toronto had cruise ships, where do they go?
There are now several companies that do Great Lakes cruises that start in Toronto and go to Cleveland, Chicago, Milwaukee, Thunder Bay etc. Apparently they are very popular and can be quite expensive! They are now doing cruises from Toronto that head east to Greenland and Iceland. I expect that there will be some type of renovation/expansion to the terminal as numbers are only going to go up.

We used to get them several times a season in Midland when we lived near there. Smaller than what many think of traditional ocean going cruise ships.
Toronto that head east to Greenland and Iceland
I didn't know that. One trip per year. Yikes! Not for the faint of heart. Fare runs $21K to $63K, one-way. But they seem to be filling out.

There are now several companies that do Great Lakes cruises that start in Toronto and go to Cleveland, Chicago, Milwaukee, Thunder Bay etc. Apparently they are very popular and can be quite expensive! They are now doing cruises from Toronto that head east to Greenland and Iceland. I expect that there will be some type of renovation/expansion to the terminal as numbers are only going to go up.

There's also a repositioning cruise between Fort Lauderdale (Charleston, NY, Quebec City) and Toronto as they go from their winter schedule to the spring Great Lakes schedule.

We used to get them several times a season in Midland when we lived near there. Smaller than what many think of traditional ocean going cruise ships.

I didn't know that. One trip per year. Yikes! Not for the faint of heart. Fare runs $21K to $63K, one-way. But they seem to be filling out.

For only $8,495 per person you can sail to Detroit and Milwaukee! (Detroit ruins tour and Milwaukee brewery tours not included.) lol

I think that there have always been some sort of cruisers on the Great Lakes but the big breakout seems to be when Viking Cruise Lines started up a few years ago. Next level! Lol 🚢⚓🛟

Reactions: PL1
^Yes and as Toronto is the departure point these people will be using hotels and services while here.

Back