News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

COLLEGE STREET

1724866236398.png

(What I assume is a ) "bike lane" NB Bayview between roughly north of Broadway and Glen Valley. There's one SB, too. Just painted lines. So useful!
1000022310.jpg
1000022309.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: PL1
What's the point? Not wide enough for a moped, so cars can't park there. If a taxi/Uber stops there, another car couldn't pass.
Yeah, it looks like they redid the sidewalk and curb here, if the intention is to narrow the lanes to slow cars down, they could have just made the sidewalk wider?

Reactions: PL1
Anyway, back down to Donlands/Pape/Millwood. First the *most dangerous* crossing ever. E-W green, while SB green (to Donlands and Pape, but only one lane). Yes, greens at 90°... slightly unsafe for pedestrians! (I've reported this to 311Toronto).
1000022343.jpg
1000022323.jpg

WB Donlands at Millwood:
1000022326.jpg
1000022327.jpg

And machinery in NB Millwood, presumably to work on the bike lane on the bridge:
1000022328.jpg
e8cf8e75-7f3d-40c6-b19e-7c40f5cc1b9d-1_all_51008.jpg

What's the point? Not wide enough for a moped, so cars can't park there. If a taxi/Uber stops there, another car couldn't pass.
Yeah, it looks like they redid the sidewalk and curb here, if the intention is to narrow the lanes to slow cars down, they could have just made the sidewalk wider?

Yeah, from what I can tell looking at this stretch of road on Google Maps streetview and the photos in this thread, the curbs were completely redone (see red lines) to get rid of what is presumably an old bus layby on the west side and the rightmost lane for a bus stop on the east side (both shaded yellow). I am genuinely curious why the new curbs could just not be done at the curb line.

Bayview.jpg

Yeah, from what I can tell looking at this stretch of road on Google Maps streetview and the photos in this thread, the curbs were completely redone (see red lines) to get rid of what is presumably an old bus layby on the west side and the rightmost lane for a bus stop on the east side (both shaded yellow). I am genuinely curious why the new curbs could just not be done at the curb line.

View attachment 592269
They got rid of all bus laybies except at the CNIB afaik. Also remove the NB stop at Glen Vale. The centre lane north of Kilgore is also reduced. Still...

Anyway, back down to Donlands/Pape/Millwood. First the *most dangerous* crossing ever. E-W green, while SB green (to Donlands and Pape, but only one lane). Yes, greens at 90°... slightly unsafe for pedestrians! (I've reported this to 311Toronto).
View attachment 592237View attachment 592238

WB Donlands at Millwood:
View attachment 592239View attachment 592240

And machinery in NB Millwood, presumably to work on the bike lane on the bridge:
View attachment 592241View attachment 592242
Unrelated but looking at the last 2 photo's we have 1960's lights/infrastructure still there

The bridge was redone in the ?1990s?? I don't know if the lights were retained, or were deliberately kept of the style.
afaik that specific model of light is very old, I wish Toronto would upgrade to LED when repairing/redoing an area. They were installing old style lights in new projects as recently as last year

Back