News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Wellington street. Looking good

IMG_1380.jpeg

This has kinda gone under the radar here I feel

1684260065-Overall-Master-Plan-with-labels.jpeg

Btw, from this rendering is in my opinion should be the standard of how ALL MUT's are done in Toronto moving forward, with threat of firing squad if not done this way. Ok maybe a bit extreme, but we need it so badly in many parts.
1684260088-05-01-2023_SHE005_Beachside-Trail-compressed-scaled.jpeg

20230516-scarborough-bluffs-toronto.jpeg

Anyways, a step in the right direction for connecting the entire waterfront trail out to Pickering.

Anyone know what is happening on Wilmington south of Finch? There appears to be some sections of raised cycle track being installed, maybe only for bus stops but it's hard to tell.

Anyone know what is happening on Wilmington south of Finch? There appears to be some sections of raised cycle track being installed, maybe only for bus stops but it's hard to tell.

Corridor 8:

"Temporary bike lanes, and shared lane markings were installed on Wilmington Avenue and Faywood Boulevard between Finch Avenue West and Wilson Avenue to provide a north-south cycling route in North York that connects six schools, the Finch Trail and numerous community connections. The bikeways also reduced the travel lane widths between Finch Avenue West and Sheppard Avenue West, where there were previous concerns with high motor vehicle speeds. This route was identified as a priority Major City-Wide Cycling Corridor in Toronto’s Cycling Network Plan.

Buffered and conventional bike lanes were installed on Wilmington Avenue between Finch Avenue West and Sheppard Avenue. Shared lane markings were installed on Faywood Boulevard between Sheppard Avenue and Wilson Avenue, due to width constraints.

Further improvements to the temporary bikeway will be explored as part of the Bathurst Manor Transportation Area Study."

First time hearing about this. Can't find any info on this from the city too. Wilmington south of Finch is just Faywood (with sharrows) and I don't remember any planned road work happening on that section. Some pictures would be great.

First time hearing about this. Can't find any info on this from the city too. Wilmington south of Finch is just Faywood (with sharrows) and I don't remember any planned road work happening on that section. Some pictures would be great.
You're thinking south of Sheppard. I'll try to get pics next time I'm in the area. It looks like they are pouring some sort of curb but only in a few areas.

Back