News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Does anyone know when the extension is expected to be completed and how long it takes to walk it from sterling to abell?

Does anyone know when the extension is expected to be completed and how long it takes to walk it from sterling to abell?

As far as I know, there's no ETA, and work on the extension won't begin until Metrolinx finishes their work in the corridor adding a new track, adding new sound walls, etc, and that work has quite a ways to go, so, don't hold your breath.

As to how long it would take, following the notional route of this nonexistent path is about 2km, so it would take you however long it takes you to walk 2km.

As far as I know, there's no ETA, and work on the extension won't begin until Metrolinx finishes their work in the corridor adding a new track, adding new sound walls, etc, and that work has quite a ways to go, so, don't hold your breath.

As to how long it would take, following the notional route of this nonexistent path is about 2km, so it would take you however long it takes you to walk 2km.
Thanks for that info. Do we know if the community access points are points of entry ? I see one on Shirley do we know where on Shirley that is?

Some resources to be found here;

We gotta first wait for the kitchener/barrie line expansion, and likely for the smart-track station, too. Is your coffee getting cold?

Some resources to be found here;

We gotta first wait for the kitchener/barrie line expansion, and likely for the smart-track station, too. Is your coffee getting cold?
Tory is gone. Can't we drop the "Smart Track" moniker already?

Construction of the extension will be carried out by Metrolinx on behalf of the City of Toronto and begins next year.

Have we seen these renders before?

GBaRg0xXYAA_wBM.jpeg

GBaPeRYWsAEgraj.jpeg

GBaPfCrXQAA99pO.jpeg

^Great view to demonstrate the difficulty of adding a platform for the Milton line. Note where the bridgework is at the far end of the platform. To add a Milton platform, the tracks and the bridge would have to be shifted, and the clearances between that and the Crossways building are very tight (imagine that Milton is double tracked, note where that second Milton track has to fit).
One can also see that the stairwell on the west side is clearly placed with the assumption there will not be a Milton stop - which in turn shows that ML is not including a Milton platform in its design. That's deliberate and not an oversight.

- Paul

Photo of progress taken from the Wallace foot bridge this past Friday. Anyone know if they're on track (heh) to reopen the full path soon? The original detour signage said "about a year" from November 5 of 2022. I miss having a reliable flat walking path in winter!

IMG_8610.jpeg

IMG_8612.jpeg

Some things of note below: Some money has fallen from the sky for King Street; look at the 2025 number for Neighbourhood improvements; holy @#$# that's a lot for the West Toronto Railpath,

View attachment 532495

Thanks to @Northern Light for flagging the budget line for the railpath extension.

However: $148 million? Am I reading that correctly? How can this have possibly escalated from $23 million in 2020? And we are to believe it will take four years to construct?

That would more money than all other cycling infrastructure combined, city-wide, from 2024 to 2033.

Thanks to @Northern Light for flagging the budget line for the railpath extension.

You're welcome.

However: $148 million? Am I reading that correctly?

You are.

How can this have possibly escalated from $23 million in 2020? And we are to believe it will take four years to construct?

Bloody good questions, and I will investigate and report back on the answers.

That would more money than all other cycling infrastructure combined, city-wide, from 2024 to 2033.

I noticed that too.

However: $148 million? Am I reading that correctly? How can this have possibly escalated from $23 million in 2020? And we are to believe it will take four years to construct?

Follow up number 2..........

Project is being delivered by Metrolinx, though the City is paying.

Someone at Mx will need to account for what seems like extraordinary inflation.

Back