40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
It's almost tropical. Wonderful! But enjoy it now before one of our utility companies comes along next week and cuts a bunch of holes in the sidewalk for some obscure reason, and then patches them with shoddy gravelly asphalt. Oh, wait, I promised myself I wouldn't be so negative anymore.... sigh.

As a cyclist, it would be easier for me to spend time in the area if they put more effort into stylishly replacing all of the ring and post bike poles that they removed. As it is, all that they've done to date in front of the Bay is put up signage that bikes are not to be locked there. Some parking near the corners on side streets will be welcome but they have been slow to move on this.

I live right on Bloor Street just east of Yonge so I am in the area all the time. The last two years have been hell but I think it will be worth it in the end.

Have to agree with CityPainter though. It won't be long before they start cutting into the sidewalks and the road and creating a new patchwork mess to replace the old one. Just look at Yonge Street. A few years back they completely re-did the road and sidewalks on Yonge Street and now they look like a war zone, looks just as bad as it did before they spent all that time and money.

Maybe its in the plans for the future but at the moment, on the East side of Yonge Street there are no benches anywhere. People are sitting on the edges of the planter boxes, one edge has already broken off. And I'd like to get my hands on the person who throws birdseed down on the ground drawing pigeons to the area.

Back