News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I dont recall because at the time they were proposing the Vaughan extension I was so happy to hear about our attack on the suburbs via TC that I forgot to look. But now those evil Scarborough people are foiling my pinky latte sipping bike riding plot that I am in a tizzy.

I wont respond too the latte nonsense :confused:

We have a serious problem in Scarborough with having our voices ignored that Vaughan doesn't have to worry about. If Scarborough had its own voice the subway would have been built when its was in is infancy like Vaughan and we wouldn't be here today.

How many Scarborough Councillors approve of the subway? Who doesn't want it on Scarborough? Do these Politicians fight have subway stops in their ridings? Truly sad

Last edited:
So they are planning for future station at
  • Danforth & Eglinton
  • Lawrence East & McCowan
  • Sheppard East & McCowan
Sheppard and McCowan? So why bring the sheppard east subway to STC then. Just Bring it to McCowan on Sheppard.
What is reasonable? Nothing was ever going to be reasonable to these people. It could have been built at a "reasonable" 3 times already

They just truly hate Scarborough.

Decades of requests, 19/20 Scarborough Councillors currently support it, the Mayor, Premier & Opposition Leader, Prime Minister, UTSC and many business leaders, community leaders, 2 Polarizing Elections. You would never know right now if you didn't live in Scarborough?

What are they really fighting over? To delay further and force the unwanted transfer to SCC, shut down the RT and build the LRT that will cost even more they they claim? Ruthless.
This was never going to cost less then the LRT unless we used Murray's plan. If we had done that, the subway would be 1.8 billion and no one would be complaining. Not the SRT alignment is too expensive.

Sheppard and McCowan? So why bring the sheppard east subway to STC then. Just Bring it to McCowan on Sheppard.
This was never going to cost less then the LRT unless we used Murray's plan. If we had done that, the subway would be 1.8 billion and no one would be complaining. Not the SRT alignment is too expensive.

Is it too late to go back to the Murray plan? At least with that proposal we could have stops every two kilometres (Lawrence East, Ellesmere, Scarborough Centre and Sheppard East/McCowan). The value of the Danfroth-McCowan alignment is lost if we can't have intermediate stops at Eglinton/Danforth and Lawrence.

I believe we cannot go back because there is not enough room for Smarttrack and the subway line here. Even though I dont think smarttrack exists it is holding us back. Also if we went that route we would find out that there would be substantial costs of making a new Kennedy station. I may not have all the details right. However I am bright enough to know that we could have had Sheppard completed, the Rt converted, a LRT on Lawrence and shoot why not one on Finch east for the same price. Some people think Im anti scarborough when in fact I am anti wasteful spending. But I no longer live in Scarborough so only people with posta codes there such as one city should have a say.
Is it too late to go back to the Murray plan? At least with that proposal we could have stops every two kilometres (Lawrence East, Ellesmere, Scarborough Centre and Sheppard East/McCowan). The value of the Danfroth-McCowan alignment is lost if we can't have intermediate stops at Eglinton/Danforth and Lawrence.

I believe we cannot go back because there is not enough room for Smarttrack and the subway line here. Even though I dont think smarttrack exists it is holding us back. Also if we went that route we would find out that there would be substantial costs of making a new Kennedy station. I may not have all the details right. However I am bright enough to know that we could have had Sheppard completed, the Rt converted, a LRT on Lawrence and shoot why not one on Finch east for the same price. Some people think Im anti scarborough when in fact I am anti wasteful spending. But I no longer live in Scarborough so only people with posta codes there such as one city should have a say.
SmartTrack is dead. The Murray Plan wuld cost 1 billion less than this boondoggle and we quiet the critics. Plus what Hopkins said. The Murray plan also allows for an extension to Malvern and also won't cut off former SRT riders, who will just go to the don mills part of the DRL line in the future if this gets built.

And the Downtown Political Media is The little boy who cried Wolf.

But not only did the others start ignoring them, worse.. This bully rhetoric created an opposite reflection in our Politics. Your picking on the nicer of the two. Careful

Can't you stop this talk?? You can't resist this. You got banned for it before.

NOBODY HATES SCARBOROUGH!

There is no "Political Media" --- these voices are representing people that HATE WASTING MONEY!!!!

We don't have the money in this city to waste in places where the density and demand doesn't warrant it!!! And the price keeps going up and up and up!!!

How much is too much for this one stop?????? $5 billion? $10 billion? $20 billion? All to feed your "Respect Scarborough" nonsense??? When will you stop taking all of us hostage just to satiate your inferiority complex???

So they are planning for future station at
  • Danforth & Eglinton
  • Lawrence East & McCowan
  • Sheppard East & McCowan
"they are planning"? Apart from the letter seeming to be just the opinion of a group of Scarborough residents - which is fine - I thought the Lawrence option was off the table because of the depth the tunnel will have to reach to cross the river?

"they are planning"? Apart from the letter seeming to be just the opinion of a group of Scarborough residents - which is fine - I thought the Lawrence option was off the table because of the depth the tunnel will have to reach to cross the river?
im thinking they will say they are leaving room for stations even though they know they have no intention of ever building these stations. people like one city will take it as gospel and will think its a done deal.

Was Murrays 1.8$b. plan really studied or just an estimated? I certainly agree it would have saved valuable time.

Was Murrays 1.8$b. plan really studied or just an estimated? I certainly agree it would have saved valuable time.
yet you arent causing a big fuss about it or the lack of cut and cover.Are you writing your politicians... as long as you get a version of a subway it doesnt seem to matter how much it costs because you arent paying for it.

yet you arent causing a big fuss about it or the lack of cut and cover.Are you writing your politicians... as long as you get a version of a subway it doesnt seem to matter how much it costs because you arent paying for it.
It really was up to the LRT crowd to propose a compromise. The subway supporters tried a number of different routes and technologies before this became the plan. It has been over 3 years now and the LRT supporters have yet to suggest a single compromise to satisfy the needs of Scarborough.

Back