News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

This was a staged event by the outside TTC riders (Aka..ScarboroughTransitAction) promoted by the Star and Metroland. GlennD was a late willing participant who joined late otherwise it would have been a nice get together for the usual outside LRT advocates and minority Scarborough residents who already know all about LRT . A few few Subway rowdies would have attended just coming to spoil the party a bit. But Glenn came to give some silly sound bites to make them feel justified.

It brings the organized attack to an end until the next vote

I explained why I take the city staff data with a grain of salt; please check a few posts above.

If you can explain, in details, why my number are incorrect, then we can have a discussion. And, I will be ready to admit that I was wrong if you provide convincing arguments.

On the other hand, if you prefer to take the city staff data as a gospel, you have a right to do so. But you cannot force me to do the same.

Ah, yes. Alternative facts.

If you want a paper that won't criticize the SSE, you're left with the Sun, I think. I don't know if the Post even has a transit reporter now but Oliver Moore has written stuff for the Globe similar to Ben Spurr and Jennifer Pagliaro for the Star

The Sun is far Right narrated.

The Star is far Left narrated.

Sprinkles in between so they can pretend otherwise. If Ford was Mayor the Sun would be battling back here a bit more. The main thing is the create stories and fuel extreme debates so people read their crap.

Last edited:
Council should direct staff to prepare a benefits comparison of the merits of the one-stop subway vs LRT vs SRT refurbishment vs Sheppard extension. We still haven't had a comparison of the benefits of the one stop extension to the alternatives.

This was a staged event by the outside TTC riders (Aka..ScarboroughTransitAction) promoted by the Star and Metroland. GlennD was a late willing participant who joined late otherwise it would have been a nice get together for the usual outside LRT advocates and minority Scarborough residents who already know all about LRT . A few few Subway rowdies would have attended just coming to spoil the party a bit. But Glenn came to give some silly sound bites to make them feel justified.

It brings the organized attack to an end until the next vote
De Baeremaeker got an invite and fair dues, he accepted. We don't see Ainslie or Parker or any other sceptics being invited to the pro subway events.

But it makes you look bitchy and pathetic to push this narrative, as you did in the post I rolled eyes at, that only non Scarborough people are against subway and Scarborough people are for it, and that even if that were true it constitutes license to spend $3.4bn on one subway stop.

Council should direct staff to prepare a benefits comparison of the merits of the one-stop subway vs LRT vs SRT refurbishment vs Sheppard extension. We still haven't had a comparison of the benefits of the one stop extension to the alternatives.
Can 23 votes be got for that though? Glenn said no way at the event.

De Baeremaeker got an invite and fair dues, he accepted. We don't see Ainslie or Parker or any other sceptics being invited to the pro subway events.

But it makes you look bitchy and pathetic to push this narrative, as you did in the post I rolled eyes at, that only non Scarborough people are against subway and Scarborough people are for it, and that even if that were true it constitutes license to spend $3.4bn on one subway stop.

OK thanks for the polite response. This debate is a decade late. Its a waste and just muddying the waters by minorities and outsiders holding on to hope fueled by the media. Just my take on this nonsense. You don't have to agree

The Sun is far Right narrated.

The Star is far Left narrated.

Sprinkles in between so they can pretend otherwise. If Ford was Mayor the Sun would be battling back here a bit more. The main thing is the create stories and fuel extreme debates so people read their crap.
The Globe is reasonably non-partisan and recently editorialized against SSE, not as a matter of ideology, simply based on getting a decent return on our scarce investment dollars.

Glen, who wants to make a fact based decision, as he said today, won't support a comparison, since it is more nit-picking, and I suspect most subway councillors know would it prove they are wrong.

The planner on the pannel just told GDB off, "there are no time savings to be had with the subway." "If you want to go to York University, why don't you take the Express Bus? Nobody takes the subway from Scarborough to York University mister De Baeremaeker".

The planner on the pannel just told GDB off, "there are no time savings to be had with the subway." "If you want to go to York University, why don't you take the Express Bus? Nobody takes the subway from Scarborough to York University mister De Baeremaeker".

Because everybody who transfers at STC wants to go to York University.

Glen, who wants to make a fact based decision, as he said today, won't support a comparison, since it is more nit-picking, and I suspect most subway councillors know would it prove they are wrong.

The fact is we need to move forward, both plans have issues. The answer is no longer to keep studying and debating. There is also another plan coming this election lets throw that one in there now.

TTC Bus Driver comes in at the very end to speak:

"I've driven a bus to STC for 15 years. Anyone who supports the subway to STC are nuts."

"[paraphrasing] there is an equity question here, a great many people cannot use transit because they cannot access the bus, and therefore accessibility to the subway is limited. The LRT increases accessibility for more people to a greater degree."

"Subways are extremely expensive ongoing staff-wise. There are 5 staff per subway. Every one of those staff members make over 100,000 a year, and that will be greater in the future. The LRT will have no staff aside from the cleaners."

"The previous mayor convinced a great many number of us to go down this subway path, but the LRT people are right."

Back