News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Are you supporting this EELRT extension just to make people in Malvern feel better about themselves?

No, it's not part of a bigger plan. It's some nonsense a Councillor has been pushing.

No I support it as part of a bigger plan and would be far happier to see it go to Malvern Town Centre in phase 1 so the next phase would be to SCC. Sheppard is under review and will be a subway loop (some here don't believe this until we have the same debate). The Eglinton East LRT will be extend around the subway. This is what is developing based on what the City has started. Have you missed the last 7 years? This really isn't new. Scarborough wants better connectivity from its core to the Citys existing infrastructure. The SLRT could have been connected to Eglinton, the subway could have been connected on the RT, but no had to be trasnfers. Unfortunate

Almost all Politicians at all levels have move on towards a better plan aside from divisive Downtown ones. Even Paul Ainsle will calm down once the City is only responsible for LRT and they fund passed his Guildwood GO station.

Last edited:
No I support it as part of a bigger plan and would be far happier to see it go to Malvern Toen Centre in phase 1 so the next phase would be to SCC.

No, it's not part of a bigger plan. It's some nonsense a Councillor has been pushing. There is no "next phase" of this EELRT extension. The EELRT extension to Malvern is the beginning and end of what this Councillor has proposed.

Again, I ask you, why are you supporting this EELRT extension? What material benefit do you anticipate this proposal (and not some fantasies about a non-existent subsequent phase) will provide the community? (No, throwing Malvern a bone is not a material benefit).

Sheppard is under review and will be a subway loop. The Eglinton East LRT will be extend around the subway. This is what is happening

So you're just making up fantasies now?

No, it's not part of a bigger plan. It's some nonsense a Councillor has been pushing. There is no "next phase" of this EELRT extension. The EELRT extension to Malvern is the beginning and end of what this Councillor has proposed.

Again, I ask you, why are you supporting this EELRT extension? What material benefit do you anticipate this proposal (and not some fantasies about a non-existent subsequent phase) will provide the community? (No, throwing Malvern a bone is not a material benefit).

So you're just making up fantasies now?

Fantasies lol. Do you love the Fords this much to continue to be so blind and fight for something against the people who its being built for? Democracy matter and it is reality

Talk to me in 15 years when I'm on the SSE, Eglinton East is built and your telling me Sheppard isn't moving forward. Whos fighting the fantasy and whos fighting reality? I know the Star said transfers were "evidence based" and it sounds right. But the people who live in these areas don't support it. There is nothing evidenced based about the Sheppard stubway to LRT and it will never happen.

Last edited:
Talk to me in 15 years when I'm on the SSE and your telling me Sheppard isn't moving forward. Whos fighting the fantasy and whos fighting reality? I know the Star said transfers were "evidence based" and it sounds right

Hey, I'm under no delusion that the Sheppard East LRT is going to be built. The Liberals killed that project years ago. However, you seem to be under the delusion that:

A) Sheppard is under review and will be a subway loop
B) Eglinton East LRT will be extend around the subway
C) The Eglinton East LRT will be built, it will be extended to Malvern (as proposed by neethan shan), and there will be a subsequent Phase 2 extension of the EELRT to SCC.

And in your world, this all seems to be certain to happen. So certain, in fact, that you're willing to spend hundreds of millions of dollars on the EELRT extension to Malvern, under the expectation that an unproposed phase 2 extension from MTC to SCC will actually be built.

Don't get me wrong, if this Phase 2 EELRT extension to SCC did materialize, the EELRT extension to Malvern would be fantastic! But I'd rather not waste public dollars on such fantasies. Show me an actual proposal to bring the EELRT to SCC, and then we can talk about extending EELRT to Malvern.

Hey, I'm under no delusion that the Sheppard East LRT is going to be built. The Liberals killed that project years ago. However, you seem to be under the delusion that:

A) Sheppard is under review and will be a subway loop
B) Eglinton East LRT will be extend around the subway
C) The Eglinton East LRT will be built, it will be extended to Malvern (as proposed by neethan shan), and there will be a subsequent Phase 2 extension of the EELRT to SCC.

And in your world, this all seems to be certain to happen. So certain, in fact, that you're willing to spend hundreds of millions of dollars on the EELRT extension to Malvern, under the expectation that an unproposed phase 2 extension from MTC to SCC will actually be built.

Thats where things are headed and read Patrick Browns words. Its clear as to what people here actually support. The Liberals are the self proclaimed "subway champions" in Scarborough. 99% of Scarb Politicians support the loop. It will take time for the plan it to shake out the details from the stupidity of the subway vs. LRT only debate. But if you can see whats happened you be fighting a losing battle? People here overwhelmingly asked for better integration and that's what is happening. Democracy is slow but its not fantasy

Thats where things are headed and read Patrick Browns words. Its clear as to what people here actually support. The Liberals are the self proclaimed "subway champions" in Scarborough. 99% of Scarb Politicians support the loop. It will take time for the plan it to shake out from just subway and just LRT. But if you can see whats happened you be fighting a losing battle? People here overwhelmingly asked for better integration and that's what is happening.

I hear you. You have a crystal ball and know precisely how the transit network will develop over the coming years. If Coffey says it, it will happen!

Ever try playing the lottery?

oPHEGXA.jpg

I'd like to see something like this as a fully built out SSE. It combines the best of both subway and LRT proposals.

I'd also like to see the old SRT corridor reused for the eventual Sheppard extension.
This...
Latest%20Scarborough%20Solution_zpsxmct9szn.png

It'd be so great Scarborough gets a solution like this. Paging Mr. Brown.
We could get this if the Subway was proposed as elevated.

Scarborough, it is your move. Ask for elevated, I dare you. I got my pocketbook out.

This is what I would propose in the medium term:
Scarborough_Subway_LRT_Med_Term.jpg

Some benefits:
- Direct connection from Malvern to STC, good for riders going SW;
- Connection from Malvern to UofT Scarborough and the Lakeshore East line with one transfer (at the Centennial stop);
- Double LRT service on the busiest sections (Kennedy to UTSC, and Scarborough Centre to Centennial).

I didn't put Durham Pulse BRT and other express buses on the map, to keep it simple. Didn't mark any Sheppard transit either, as it might take longer to sort out.

Attachments

• Scarborough_Subway_LRT_Med_Term.jpg
    Scarborough_Subway_LRT_Med_Term.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:
I hear you. You have a crystal ball and know precisely how the transit network will develop over the coming years. If Coffey says it, it will happen!

Ever try playing the lottery?

Subways and LRT's getting built together connecting better into infrastructure that exists. Boy is that ever a bold prediction ive made? Predicting the Sheppard subway will be built as a loop and that poorly connect LRT is dead? Again so very bold and crazy. Saying the LRT plan is currently evolving to correct the flaws on Transit City and will include Malvern. Seriously what am I thinking? So out of touch with reality, right?

For you to go off and start mocking you must really think subways and LRT together must be far off from what is being discussed by legitimate Provincial partys leader or Mayoral candidate? Its not like transit is not at the forefront of politics going forward for the GTA either. So I guess its dumb to pay attention to the plans tabled these days, especially the ones that are supported by those that live in the areas which they will be built. To me local support is what will make the difference between what other want to see built and what will actually be built in the future. Crazy I know? Blanket technologies with no attention to existing connections are not coming back into the City. Support is not there and it will never be back. Sorry you don't like that idea, and maybe you are just having a bad day but really no need to be so rude. I find it odd you think its so far fetched, but the again, ive been around long enough in this forum so certainly not shocked in the least.

Carry on feeding the UT trolls with your smartass comedy act, if you really need to.

Last edited:
We could get this if the Subway was proposed as elevated.

Scarborough, it is your move. Ask for elevated, I dare you. I got my pocketbook out.

Elevated would definitely work in the context of northeast of Scarborough Town Centre per the map I envisioned. Also at Scarborough General Hospital.

To avoid mass expropriations though, hard to see how the Danforth Rd section can be above grade. McCowan Rd is slightly wider so possibly a trench or elevated guideway could be squeezed in. Still though it'd be a controversial move and politicians only concerned about keeping their jobs not necessarily doing what's right may not advocate for this.

Elevated would definitely work in the context of northeast of Scarborough Town Centre per the map I envisioned. Also at Scarborough General Hospital.

To avoid mass expropriations though, hard to see how the Danforth Rd section can be above grade. McCowan Rd is slightly wider so possibly a trench or elevated guideway could be squeezed in. Still though it'd be a controversial move and politicians only concerned about keeping their jobs not necessarily doing what's right may not advocate for this.
Which gets at my main point.

Scarborough wants tunneled for the sake of tunneling.

Back