News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I've always found Lawrence to be a good east-west road without the traffic problems of Eglinton. The problem for you is getting north, since the Don Valley is in the way.

I'd try taking the Millwood Road bridge, continue up Laird to Eglinton and then cut over to Bayview and take that north to Lawrence. If that is bad for traffic, an alternative would be to go east a bit and take O'Connor up to Eglinton (or perhaps Don Mills) and then Leslie up to Lawrence.

Of course, you could always take the subway over to Lawrence West and the bus to Dufferin, right? I guess if you really wanna drive, my best idea is to go across O'Connor like sjc says. Leslie should be quite fast, then take Lawrence all the way.

Lawrence around Dufferin is the worst ... so just avoid that stretch somehow - if you can get back on Lawrence east of Baturst your probably going to be OK.

Can't... I'm required to use a car as part of my job. I would bike if I could

Depending on your job, might you be able to just leave your car at work and pick it up for the weekends or when you need it?

Try dong this, you might even be able to get a company vehicle. You are fortunate that your commute is one which is actually faster by subway than by car.

I'd take Woodbine up to Milverton, then go across to Pottery road an up Bayview. To avoid Lawrence I'd cut across Blythwood and work my way over to Glencarin and take it across to Dufferin... I've never actually taken Blythwood, but the route looks good on paper.

Milverton, or Mortimer?

And re Glencairn, you'd all better get your Glencairn vs Glengrove straightened out, lest you be caught traffic-lightless at Avenue Road or some other similar situation...

I'm map crazy latley, I tried messing with aerial view on mapquest, it's really precise.

I did this...Laird to broadway,
west on broadway, north on duplex, west across Lawrence.

30 mins.

Milverton, or Mortimer?

And re Glencairn, you'd all better get your Glencairn vs Glengrove straightened out, lest you be caught traffic-lightless at Avenue Road or some other similar situation...

Mortimer... I have a habit of switching names around.

Back