Parking + locker question.

I took occupancy in December. Other than the lady that did my inspection writing my parking spot and locker number on the Tarion folder, I have no other confirmation. Does anybody else have the locker and parking number in their sales agreement? I asked someone at customer service, and the fool told me I'd get that at final closing. I told her how ridiculous that was, because what if I chose to assign my unit. She then replied back with, the spaces assigned are tentative, and I will get the final parking spot after closing. That also sounds pretty stupid. It's just hard to sell a unit, when I can't provide an official document that indicates the parking number.

If anybody has it, let me know. Maybe i'm not looking in the right place. Thanks.

well....

it seems back in dec , when building A start to move in , there was A LOT of units for sale ... unfortunately, either those unit is asking for unreasonable high $$$ OR those unit doesn't have parking ....

since those unit can't sell ......they all now "up for rent" .... but the rent they ask for is too $$$ either ....

honestly , i got my keys since early dec...... move a lot of stuff in there already ..BUT i am still looking for the second parking space ..... so me + parents still not live there yet .....

i think they really think they have to solve the parking issue .....and grand open the amenities soon ......

the amenities aren't open yet?? I was looking thru the mls website and the pics of the amenities looks pretty much finished...esp the basketball court and pool...

parking spots for rent?

Hi everyone,

I've been following this thread for a couple of months now and this is my first post.

I have a unit in building E with no parking right now and I intend to move in.

Does anyone here have or know someone that is offering a parking spot for rent?

Also, does anyone know what other people are doing about their extra cars now that they've moved in? (ie. parking at Ikea, Canadian Tire, etc)

Please let me know any way that I can work around this issue. I know other people will be having the same issue

Thanks in advance

Hi everyone,

I've been following this thread for a couple of months now and this is my first post.

Also, does anyone know what other people are doing about their extra cars now that they've moved in? (ie. parking at Ikea, Canadian Tire, etc)

Please let me know any way that I can work around this issue. I know other people will be having the same issue

Thanks in advance

You and me both. I'm also looking for parking to rent but from people moving in already is telling it, it doesn't look like there is enough spots for everybody... >.<

You and me both. I'm also looking for parking to rent but from people moving in already is telling it, it doesn't look like there is enough spots for everybody... >.<

well .... I am in building A ..... I have been looking for a parking space since LAST mid NOV ..... I STILL can't find one yet.......

and YES, there is not enough spots

IF i can't find a spot .... i can't even move in .... :(

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance

and there is no way to work around this ....

apprentately, canadian tire lock up their underground parking and Ikea doesn't allow overnight parking either ..... the only thing left is the outdoor canadian tire parking , since there is no lights and no security for the parking lot, so it is parking at own risk.

the amenities aren't open yet?? I was looking thru the mls website and the pics of the amenities looks pretty much finished...esp the basketball court and pool...

the amenities are finished , BUT all amenities are not open due to low Occupancy.........they "saying" it will open in MARCH.....unfortunately, for those already got keys / move in ..... our maintenance fee is not discounted even the amenities are not open...:(

the amenities are finished , BUT all amenities are not open due to low Occupancy.........they "saying" it will open in MARCH.....unfortunately, for those already got keys / move in ..... our maintenance fee is not discounted even the amenities are not open...:(

Assuming you're an owner, this isn't necessarily a bad thing. Any surplus in the maintenance fee collected will be the condo corp's money - which can lower maintenance fees in the future, or help with the condo's reserve fund for big maintenance items.

March is actually very soon. Most new condo owners/tenants will kill have it that "soon". I've seen condos go for a year or more without any amenities, or a reduced amount of amenities. In my previous condo, the pool was not open for 11 months. In my current condo, I haven't had amenities since I moved in, and I'm at the 9 month mark. The expected date of amenities isn't until March 2013, which will be nearly 2 full years after I moved in.

As for your parking situation, I guess uptown condos have a big problem there. Downtown condos, from the ones I've sampled (a very small sample mind you), there is a surplus of parking. The price advertised for people trying to rent out their parking keeps going down, to the point where they are subsidizing the renter (their mortgage interest and maintenance fee greatly exceeds the rent they collect).

About the parking, HOLY CRAP

I went today checking out few units on sale in anticipation of what my unit would look like. I parked at the visitor section underground parking. Each parking spot has a code assigned to it. My visitor parking spot, it is assigned as "Vxxx", (I assume V for visitor and xxx for number.)

The V series parking spot start numerically from V001 to V150. There are literally 150 spots available for visitors.

What are the odd of having these 150 spots occupied ? Wtf is Concord thinking????? Then turns around telling every one the parking is in tight supply.

Also, while I was waiting, many people (most of whom are agents) came to complain to the concierge about their parking spot is assigned all the way in building D and E. (Must be a long walk for those who live in A and B) Another bad arrangement here.

Last edited:
Hi Motmotmot,

Maybe Concord has a predetermined 'resident to visitor' parking ratio they must abide by. Amongst the 4 buildings, there is almost close to 1000 units.

The ideal situation would be to have a 1 to 1 ratio of one condo unit to one parking spot, however I remember back in 2007 and 2008, people (or sales agents.. hard to tell) were purchasing 2 to 3 parking spots at the point of sale. Thus, now leaving a smaller supply for those now looking for additional spots for their units.

Not sure if its a feasible idea, but once the Condo Corp is established for these buildings, approach management and see if they are willing to sell or rent out some of the visitor spots. Any money they gain would be put back into the Condo Corp to keep maintenance fees lower and/or increase the reserve fund.

But 150 spots isn't really all that much. I estimate there are over 1000 units in the complex. That's about 1/10 ratio. Since the vast majority of people drive uptown, I think your visitor parking lot will be full all the time. Even downtown, visitors get turned away all the time due to lack of parking spots for them.

^ My friend living at Pemberton (Yonge/Finch). There are about 30 visitor parking and some Green P parking on the street. These visitor parking are shared among 2 buildings and seem to be fine.

@CasssiusX Do you know *roughly* how many residential parking spot in the discovery to start with?

It is ridiculous Concord let the agents purchase more than one spot when the supply is tight.

Last edited:
WALLS in the unit are very very THIN .....

hi to all ,

JUST a reminder that the walls inside the unit is VERY VERY thin ..

My family decided to add some hand bars in the bath tub area , which is in the master bathroom , so one side of the wall is the bath tub tiles , the other side of the wall is one of the wall of master bathroom.....

The renovation people (very experienced people) didn't know the dry wall is this thin, and drill too far and comes out the other side .... of coz they fixed the wall for us ....

BUT JUST WATCH OUT .... especially when you are moving in.

Back