News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Giving it some more thought, I would say it’s never going to expand. I think most folks don’t realize just how much control Distillery management has beyond their private grounds- so there’s no way they would want an adjacent event they couldn’t control or make money off. And I imagine they wouldn’t want someone drifting off their brand and possibly ruining the experience.

I’m sure even the random corporate sample wagons (I think Tim’s parked on Trinity last year) only do so by paying Distillery folks. Otherwise the paid “parking enforcement” would have never let them get close. Maybe if the city leases them the side lot off Trinity for their “diner” concept” they’ll have something there.

Consider though that after two years of COPs Donuts having a presence, they were replaced by a DRC run booth that copied their format right down to the toaster- the event is not about community. They’re not about to team with Canary. I could almost imagine them sticking their nose into the long proposed hotel trying to get a stake.

Back