5.1K     0 

Jasonzed

Member Bio
Reaction score
DSCN1283_zpsfa84e404.jpg

DSCN1284_zps103f63c8.jpg

DSCN1286_zpse3475ad3.jpg

DSCN1287_zpsb4780d6f.jpg

Shouldn't the building with the most suites (which I assume is the tallest one) be at the corner of Lakeshore and Dixie, rather than behind?

While I liked the mixed-purpose intent, I'm a little disappointed in the height and layout.

If they're all in the 8-10 story range it's not bad, but it says they range from 4-10 so it's hard to guess. What I like the least is that they're basically facing townhouses along Dixie and 3 retail units along Lakeshore. If the area is going to intensify as we know it will, then this would eventually be a dominant intersection that will be very weak in "profile".

If those towns are similar to the ones facing Lakeshore just east of Hurontario then it's not as bad, but I think a development similar to the one on the NE corner of Lakeshore and Hurontario would be more appropriate.

No, that would then block the light for the smaller buildings behind it.
That depends on time of day, though. As it stands, those buildings will have morning and daytime sunlight but afternoon shade, while reversing the arrangement would have daytime and afternoon sunlight. I think massing along two major streets makes more sense, with the townhomes as infill in the rear makes more sense - not unlike the Chicago / Limelight / One Park arrangement, except without the 30+ story condos. 10 floors is nothing and won't put the towns into a canyon or anything.

Last edited:
https://www.insauga.com/major-development-moves-forward-in-mississauga
Major Development Moves Forward in Mississauga
lakeshore_building2.jpg

lakeshore_building1.jpg

The property that would house the development is located in the Lakeview Neighbourhood Character Area, a residential district that's currently dominated by detached homes. The area is opposite the Small Arms Inspection Building and is currently the site of an empty former Sheridan Ford car dealership.

In terms of concerns, the usual ones apply. Residents are, naturally, worried about traffic and parking (Mississauga is always worried about traffic and parking). As far as infrastructure goes, a private condominium road internal to the site has been proposed with access onto St. James Ave. and Dixie. The majority of parking will be in an underground garage.

People are also concerned about aesthetic, but ideally the development will increase rather than decrease the area's attractiveness.

While things are moving forward, the report notes that, "there are engineering matters including: grading, servicing and stormwater management which will require the applicant to enter into agreements with the City. Prior to any development proceeding on-site, the City will require the submission and review of an application for site plan approval."

The city will also receive the expected development charges.

We'll keep you posted on further developments.

This application is no longer showing up on the Planning and Building applications webpage. Does anyone know what happened?

Back