8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Exodus

Member Bio
Reaction score
It has occurred to me that the downtown condominiums around the bay/college area do not offer free parking for guests.

I guess I am naive, in that I am used to having my guests, friends and family park for free where I currently live in the markham richmond hill area. It just doesn't feel right, when inviting guests over and making them pay for parking.

are most Downtown condominiums not offering free parking for guests?

Some do, most don't. I think you'll find a lot of the older condos have limited free parking for guests providing you sign them in.

Downtown parking lots don't like losing business to condos. In the case of my old unit at the Waterclub, the building had a deal with the adjacent parking garage for lowered "guest rates". Oddly enough the land that the condo was built on was previously owned by said parking garage. The term of sale included a clause stating the Condo was not allowed to provide free parking.

A lot of condos are built on, or nearby old downtown parking lots....see the connection? :)

LOL

free parking in the city of Toronto, are you serious? the last time we had any free parking in the city was way back in the 19th century

My condo complex had a Green P inside the building. No other guest parking at all.

My GF's condo complex had a Green P next door, as well as a 3rd party paid parking lot next door. No other guest parking at all.

You know what? In some ways I like that, because it may mean lower condo fees. My friends who lived in condos with the full nine yards (guest suites, guest parking, pool, squash courts, etc.) paid through the nose for condo fees.

I live in the area and my building has 20 free parking spaces, it IS an older building though.

Monarch's Zip and Battery Park in Liberty Village have a lot of free guest parking (although it fills up on Friday and Saturday nights by about 8 or 9), but then, we're out of the downtown core.

Icon I and II on Wellington St. West have free guest parking as does DNA I and II on King West (65 spots!).

Each condo is different. Some offer free parking ( but they usually fill up quickly on weekends or if there are events being held downtown) and others either never had free guest parking or have converted it to pay parking.

Back