News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

You sure it is not raccoon or coyote poo? I found some raccoon poo on my home's backyard deck. We don't have a dog.

As a dog lover (though not owner at present) I'm always happy when I see an owner do the right thing and clean it up. It appears a number of them either don't care or take advantage when no one is around. But what's with all the bird crap (I assume its bird crap) along the Lakeshore boardwalk? Haven't been there recently but last year it made walking like doing Tiny Tim's Tiptoe Through the Tulips. Short of avian extermination I wonder if anything can be done.

I wonder if anyone caught that utterly Divine reference on the first page, to say nothing of the killer joke on the second? :)

I don't know what "killer joke" you're referring to, but I have to say ... I do love tulips....on the other hand, to add to my rant....what the hell is going on with some people's quote-unquote..."English" gardens....overgrown weedpatches....I am sick to death of Hostas...get rid of 'em! LOL

+1 for the diaper idea :)

Is there a city website where concerned city residents can upload photos of irresponsible pet owners caught-in-the-act?

There's a wonderful community garden near my condo, a strip of previously derelict land that was converted through the hard work of volunteers into a really nice garden of flowers, plants, trees, rocks, etc. The nearby grocery store lets them use a hose connection to water it in the summer.

Interspersed throughout the garden are very clear "no dogs" signs. I can't count how many times I've walked past people waiting while their dogs shit in the garden immediately underneath the signs. I almost never see them pick up the evidence. When the snow melted, the piles of fresh dog shit are proof of this. It disgusts me. I guess it will be up to those volunteers (mostly elderly neighbourhood people) to dig through the piles of feces in a month or so when they start to prepare the garden for another season. Wonderful.

There's a wonderful community garden near my condo, a strip of previously derelict land that was converted through the hard work of volunteers into a really nice garden of flowers, plants, trees, rocks, etc. The nearby grocery store lets them use a hose connection to water it in the summer.

Interspersed throughout the garden are very clear "no dogs" signs. I can't count how many times I've walked past people waiting while their dogs shit in the garden immediately underneath the signs. I almost never see them pick up the evidence. When the snow melted, the piles of fresh dog shit are proof of this. It disgusts me. I guess it will be up to those volunteers (mostly elderly neighbourhood people) to dig through the piles of feces in a month or so when they start to prepare the garden for another season. Wonderful.

Guerrilla gardeners are near the top of my list of urban heros.

Since so many pet owners refuse to clean up after their dogs, I just think dogs should be banned. All dogs should be seized and immediately put to sleep. Permanently.

All dogs should be seized and immediately put to sleep. Permanently.
Permanantly - as opposed to temporarily?

We could always do what other cultures do and eat them. Though from the descriptions of taste I've had from those that have, I'll likely pass - but I'm sure there are those that would enjoy it.

As dogs can't read or understand city by-laws, maybe it's the owners that need some consciousness modification.

Since so many pet owners refuse to clean up after their dogs, I just think dogs should be banned. All dogs should be seized and immediately put to sleep. Permanently.

People who spit, throw up on the sidewalk from too much alcohol and who urinate in public should also be banned - from my neighbourhood, though I'd say their lives should be spared. I see that kind of behaviour far more often than the odd dog owner who doesn't pick up after their dog.

People who spit, throw up on the sidewalk from too much alcohol and who urinate in public should also be banned ...
Although such things do happen, I really don't think that outside of spitting, that they are anywhere near as frequent as dogs - at least in most neighbourhoods. As the snow has receded I have seen many, many, piles of dog shit; and not a single puddle of vomit.

Back