News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

On a walk early this morning noticed Zocalo's front door was smashed up. ☹️

Reported it, hopefully they're able to get a hold of the owners. Hope as well the cold didn't wipe out their plant inventory, was planning on getting some this weekend.

While a relatively small overall loss, I was informed of yet another move out of Downtown due to customer and staff safety concerns. A longtime optometrist and retail shop relocating to Sherwood Park.

While a relatively small overall loss, I was informed of yet another move out of Downtown due to customer and staff safety concerns. A longtime optometrist and retail shop relocating to Sherwood Park.
I always wonder how places like optometrists, dentists, etc. can pick up and move to a completely different location 30-40 mins. drive away. Don't these places generally serve the communities they're in? Are their customers/patients going to start making the trip to Sherwood Park or are they essentially starting from scratch? I understand moving to a bigger or nicer location within the same area, but this seems like it would be a challenging move.

Agreed, but perhaps it's closer to where they live or have a partner store? Unsure in this case.

All I know is that a family member will no longer be coming Downtown for eyes (often lunch and some shopping too) and yes, has to go to SP now.

I wouldn't be too concerned about this, there are other optometrists downtown and maybe even someone new will also pick up the slack.

People do move businesses for various reasons and this may be to be closer to where they or family members live or plan to live.

Fairly certain most of the customers will not be making the trek to Sherwood Park (unless they live there and work downtown).

An Edmonton city council committee meeting on Tuesday morning was abruptly halted around 10:30 a.m. due to potential gunfire at city hall and an active shooter. The Emergency Advisory Committee, led by Mayor Amarjeet Sohi, had been in session for about an hour when a sudden noise prompted the evacuation of the River Valley Room. Councillors were instructed to leave, and Mayor Sohi announced a recess, following reports of shots fired or heard in the vicinity. Several councillors received messages confirming an active shooter situation, with one person reportedly in custody. Video exclusively supplied to yegwave shows a man in custody sitting in the back of a police van.All meetings for the day were canceled, and the building was placed on lockdown, with roads around city hall closed. The Edmonton Police Service later confirmed an investigation into a weapons complaint, stating one person had been arrested, and a sweep of city hall was underway, urging citizens to avoid the area.(Source: Edmonton Journal) #YEGWAVE

I wouldn't be too concerned about this, there are other optometrists downtown and maybe even someone new will also pick up the slack.

People do move businesses for various reasons and this may be to be closer to where they or family members live or plan to live.

Fairly certain most of the customers will not be making the trek to Sherwood Park (unless they live there and work downtown).

Missing the point and forest for the trees.

It's not about the loss of one optometrist.

Back