News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Wow the original location looks insanely spacious! Not the case at the new one on Dundas and Humbercrest, sadly. I tried to time my two visits with off-peak times during the day and it was very cramped. I was quite literally always in someone's way and found it very hard to navigate comfortably without moving for someone. I was there seeking out cans of Olipop but they were all dented so I ended up leaving empty handed.
I went to the new dundas one and found it very cramped, especially with a cart.

Rabba is opening at the Livmore at Bay and Gerrard in the former Fresh City space.

I don't know if its hilarious.........but the whole destruction of the successful 'Healthy Butcher' and 'Mabel's" by merging into 'Fresh City' was beyond odd and disappointing.

You had a couple or proven concepts, in good locations, and you fold them into an unproven concept done badly, in a suspect location.

That Rabba might do well here (to be determined) is not surprising) that anyone thought 'Fresh City' would work is beyond me.

I worry about that w/the endless expansion of Summerhill Market too.

There's a concept that was working well in its original space...........good history, good location, good market, etc.........and it has grown, more successfully than Fresh City et. al to be sure.

But as with Pusateri's one has a sense of reckless growth 'because we can'.............

Recently in Summerhill, I found the produce and meat selection lackluster, both in aim {what was nominally there) and in quality.

But still asking 'Rosedale' prices. Not sure how long that works out, but good luck to them.

I don't know if its hilarious.........but the whole destruction of the successful 'Healthy Butcher' and 'Mabel's" by merging into 'Fresh City' was beyond odd and disappointing.

You had a couple or proven concepts, in good locations, and you fold them into an unproven concept done badly, in a suspect location.

That Rabba might do well here (to be determined) is not surprising) that anyone thought 'Fresh City' would work is beyond me.

I worry about that w/the endless expansion of Summerhill Market too.

There's a concept that was working well in its original space...........good history, good location, good market, etc.........and it has grown, more successfully than Fresh City et. al to be sure.

But as with Pusateri's one has a sense of reckless growth 'because we can'.............

Recently in Summerhill, I found the produce and meat selection lackluster, both in aim {what was nominally there) and in quality.

But still asking 'Rosedale' prices. Not sure how long that works out, but good luck to them.
Temptation and greed are the folly of initial success - the hubristic belief that if a singular example proves prosperous, then surely many more must follow the same path...

I was puzzled by the odd display changes at the Manulife Centre Independent City Market, and it looks like Maisie DeSousa sold her store, which is now operated by Carmen Palumbo, who operated the City Market that was at 301 College St. and the Queen St. East Valu Mart in the Beaches.
That explains why the Manulife Independent City Market Passover selection this year was so awful 😐

That explains why the Manulife Independent City Market Passover selection this year was so awful 😐
The selection is not as good, and the store is not as well managed in general. If your store opens at 8 am and you have no cilantro and no basil at all on display at 11 am (and that's just two items I needed), there is a problem.

Is T&T still not slated to open until Spring 2025?

Walked by today and saw this signage and still says spring 2025.

IMG_1544_HEIC.jpg

Not exactly downtown (but “downtown” North York) and I don’t know where else to put this; I came across a possible T&T location at North York Centre. The window wrapping is definitely T&T:

IMG_7003.jpeg

IMG_7004.jpeg

Back