News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

4 lanes? what, you expect 6? are you nuts? that isn't exactly going to create the sort of environment Remington is aiming for in downtown markham.

Also, I always find Enterprise to be dead. Neither it or Birchmount are particularly busy outside maybe the peak hour.

To be fair, Enterprise is way too narrow. With all the new developments and Unionville GO expansion, congestion is expected in near future...

It's as if they should be planning a new road network. I propose a fast East-West corridor between 14 and 407 -- they could extend Miller Rd from Roddick to Kennedy. And they need more crossings over the Go tracks. Why haven't they thought of this?!

4 lanes? what, you expect 6? are you nuts? that isn't exactly going to create the sort of environment Remington is aiming for in downtown markham.

Also, I always find Enterprise to be dead. Neither it or Birchmount are particularly busy outside maybe the peak hour.
Yes it is dead now but will not be in 4 to 5 years (imagine the York Campus, new condos, GO RER). Remington might aim for a pedestrian friendly area, but currently people can only drive there, unless YRT increase their local bus services to the area...

Possibly Sciberras to connect Hwy 7 to Enterprise. However a number of roads should start being constructed in this area to connect Enterprise to allow for more development to continue to build.

Possibly Sciberras to connect Hwy 7 to Enterprise. However a number of roads should start being constructed in this area to connect Enterprise to allow for more development to continue to build.
From the map I posted earlier, it doesn't look like Sciberras connects to Enterprise directly. What I would like to see is instead of connecting Sciberras to Rouge Valley Dr. only, it should cross the railway and connect directly with Rivis Rd. This will require a new grade separation and will have some environmental impacts.

From the map I posted earlier, it doesn't look like Sciberras connects to Enterprise directly. What I would like to see is instead of connecting Sciberras to Rouge Valley Dr. only, it should cross the railway and connect directly with Rivis Rd. This will require a new grade separation and will have some environmental impacts.

The map embedded on page 40 shows there is a road planned that will run South from Sciberas and cut across Enterprise. From there, you can see there are three roads that cut over/under the GO tracks. The proposed route you suggest won't work (if it would take the path I think you're suggesting) as it would have to cut across land owned by another developer, and they have plans for it already, i.e., Markham Square.

Correction: the Markham Square buildings will be to the East of Rivis, so your suggestion is theoretically possible as the land in question is designated to be a park and woodlot. But there still appears to be 3 new planned routes across the Go tracks on the South side of Enterprise.

Last edited:

Interestingly, there is a sign up for Sciberras at Enterprise: https://goo.gl/maps/21sBziT1XCr

Interestingly, there is a sign up for Sciberras at Enterprise: https://goo.gl/maps/21sBziT1XCr
Ah yes, the road sign that comes before the road.

The map embedded on page 40 shows there is a road planned that will run South from Sciberas and cut across Enterprise. From there, you can see there are three roads that cut over/under the GO tracks. The proposed route you suggest won't work (if it would take the path I think you're suggesting) as it would have to cut across land owned by another developer, and they have plans for it already, i.e., Markham Square.

Correction: the Markham Square buildings will be to the East of Rivis, so your suggestion is theoretically possible as the land in question is designated to be a park and woodlot. But there still appears to be 3 new planned routes across the Go tracks on the South side of Enterprise.

More of a reason to have an over/underpass north of Enterprise.

First time exploring the area on foot. A lot of shops in the Cineplex complex, significantly larger than I thought it was - as I had only passed by it from Enterprise blvd previously. So much more to come in the surrounding area, which still feels empty relatively speaking.

Aviva Tower.jpg
Cineplex Markham.jpg
Downtown Markham.jpg
Marriott Markham.jpg

Attachments

• Aviva Tower.jpg
    Aviva Tower.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 831
  • Cineplex Markham.jpg
    Cineplex Markham.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 989
  • Downtown Markham.jpg
    Downtown Markham.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 855
  • Marriott Markham.jpg
    Marriott Markham.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 787
Anyone may have the floor plans for Building B of Rouge Bijou? Also known as Terraces-Rouge Bijou. Many appreciated! I have the other three and would be happy to pass that if someone is interested.

New sign up inside Chatime entrance.

Wish they would build quicker grr.
BBAE3151-F416-457D-A859-C5AC4F90DC9C.jpeg

Attachments

• BBAE3151-F416-457D-A859-C5AC4F90DC9C.jpeg
    BBAE3151-F416-457D-A859-C5AC4F90DC9C.jpeg
    174 KB · Views: 567
Last edited by a moderator:

Back