News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Was passing by on the 407 recently and noticed that the Mariott Hotel structure is about 3-4 storeys high.

There's (finally) a new map showing all new developments within Markham Centre (last page of this report):

http://www2.markham.ca/markham/ccbs...velopment Services/pl151102/ruland report.pdf

Qr06Qs4.png

lNLFPrv.png

I quite like the road layout of the downtown.

I wonder if they can really succeed in creating a downtown from scratch. The proximity of the highway (which is both a plus and a negative, at least it doesn't cut through the downtown) and the suburban build form of some of the new developments (*cough* Aviva *cough*) makes me question it.

Less tower in the parking lot please.

I quite like the road layout of the downtown.

I wonder if they can really succeed in creating a downtown from scratch. The proximity of the highway (which is both a plus and a negative, at least it doesn't cut through the downtown) and the suburban build form of some of the new developments (*cough* Aviva *cough*) makes me question it.

Less tower in the parking lot please.

I have high hopes for Downtown Markham, but the developments by Times Group along Highway 7 were a bit of a mistake; having townhomes front onto a major arterial and rapid transit route doesn't make any sense.

The surface parking around WorleyParsons, Honeywell, and Aviva is temporary; they will be developed over and the spaces replaced by a parking structure (18 on the map).

Im sadden to see that there isnt anything planned (in the near future) for the DT Markham Core according to that new site plan?

Everything is being built near Hwy 7... I thought most of the development would kick off of Enterprise? Are these mainly Remington owned land?

Im sadden to see that there isnt anything planned (in the near future) for the DT Markham Core according to that new site plan?

Everything is being built near Hwy 7... I thought most of the development would kick off of Enterprise? Are these mainly Remington owned land?

The next phase of the Remington development (all of the lands bordered by Warden, the Rouge River, the railway, and Highway 407) is York Condos (#17 on the map) which is just beginning registration. Once The Signature is complete and York Condos begins full sales, I expect the next project down the line would be the proposed residential tower immediately adjacent to The Signature (#19).

The next phase of the Remington development (all of the lands bordered by Warden, the Rouge River, the railway, and Highway 407) is York Condos (#17 on the map) which is just beginning registration. Once The Signature is complete and York Condos begins full sales, I expect the next project down the line would be the proposed residential tower immediately adjacent to The Signature (#19).

York Condos will be completed around 2017/18? This entire development is going to take a really long time for it to take shape by the rate it's going now :(

Glass panels going up for the carousel structure, so it's coming along nicely. ETA for winter except for landscaping shouldn't be out of the picture. Anyone know what's in the small building just behind it?

Glass panels going up for the carousel structure, so it's coming along nicely. ETA for winter except for landscaping shouldn't be out of the picture. Anyone know what's in the small building just behind it?

you mean the new attachment to the downtown markham sales office? it looks like they're expanding it for more display?

A number of years back, there were plans for "point towers" over 50 stories in downtown Markham and at Buttonville Airport. Are those still in the pipeline? I seem to remember that there were very tall buildings planned for the Langstaff area in Thornhill as well (way west of Markham downtown)

I feel like Downtown Markham needs a few tall point towers to establish it as a true DOWNTOWN... like Expo right now in Vaughan for example.

There haven't been proposals for anything remotely close to a 50 storey building in Downtown Markham or Markham Centre, and the idea of it is so off-scale for the area it's comical. The tallest building proposed was immediately to the East of the Go tracks. I believe the initial request was for a height in the mid-30s, though that's just what was in the application and probably doesn't reflect what the developer was actually hoping and expecting to be approved for.

The plan is for some larger (50ish) floor buildings over by Unionville GO.. but I believe those are planned to be the final projects in the development. Don't expect them for a while.

View from the 407 at night... please tell me the surface parking lot behind the Cineplex will be at least somewhat removed?
20151123_180904.jpg

Attachments

• 20151123_180904.jpg
    20151123_180904.jpg
    616.3 KB · Views: 945

Back