News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Orange Theory and Loaded Perogi both closed up for good in the Mayfair.
Need more density in the immediate area - 3-4,000 more in a 2 block radius would help to stabilize those small places. That and pierogi is not exactly a health food - once I. a while sure but frequently no. And I have no idea what orange theory was.

I don't disagree about councils not focused enough on attracting investment or new companies although the funding of Edmonton Global and additional money put into YEG airport has been attracting some investment. However, the comment about more concerned with transit and bike lanes I do disagree with. We're a city growing to 2 million in maybe 30 years - how do we want to move people around now and then and connect neighbourhoods and people? How do we want to enhance livability, sustainability and affordability not to mention public health? More roads? No thanks. Full steam ahead on more liveable streets and multi-modal transportation options please.
I did say in my comment "which is ok". I have no issue with our transit being a priority too.

Orange Theory and Loaded Perogi both closed up for good in the Mayfair.
Sucks! It's almost impressive how many businesses have come and gone in the Mayfair in the 5 years its been in existence.

Not really given their lease rates, awful timing for some and a ton of options in that area.

Is George Schluessel charging an arm and a leg for those CRUs?
Some of the highest $/sqft deals if I remember correctly and a lot of offerings that need serious volume to make any money... a recipe for what you see today.

'Busy' by way of traffic volume perhaps, but footfall is still quite low relative to the density in the area.

It's not a lack of confidence, it's the reality of the situation.

Why do you think Kunitz left?

'Busy' by way of traffic volume perhaps, but footfall is still quite low relative to the density in the area.

It's not a lack of confidence, it's the reality of the situation.

Why do you think Kunitz left?
Didn't Kunitz leave because their lease was up and their customers were all saying to move to the west end?

Didn't Kunitz leave because their lease was up and their customers were all saying to move to the west end?

Parking complaints and please put it out my front door, yes. But they would not have left if there were more customers and foot traffic in that location as it is an underserved market with 'density'... odd hey...

Back