News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

There is a Timmy Ho's in the SE corner of Jasper Ave and 107 St. It's always busy during the weekdays.
I wish the A&W that used to be located in the old Greyhound terminal was resurrected in the ICE District, preferably in the Stantec podium.
A Rotten Ronnies near the ICE District would be nice, now that the Commerce Place location has been closed since the COVID outbreak. I'd rather see that than another bank.
Yes, two Tim Horton's in the downtown core with street access, that is good. I don't know maybe McDonalds can't compete with them.

McDonald's wanted to do a walk-up late night location in ICE District but Katz didn't want it.
Because nothing screams luxury servings like Roger's Place food and beer offerings, and Boston Pizza. Probably was concerned it would eat into the Roger's offerings though. Sometimes makes me wonder if it is why we didn't see more immediate action in the planned Stantec food court. I get that COVID was partly to blame, but...

It was more about brand placement than revenue from the store.
This is where some companies these days get so stupid. If you can't put it in a busy popular location, for whatever reason (maybe not upscale enough for ICE district), then just put it across the street or nearby.

It will still get the traffic from nearby and have some profile in the area. In the end it also should be about the revenue, if its not you're not running your business well.

This is where some companies these days get so stupid. If you can't put it in a busy popular location, for whatever reason (maybe not upscale enough for ICE district), then just put it across the street or nearby.

It will still get the traffic from nearby and have some profile in the area. In the end it also should be about the revenue, if its not you're not running your business well.

Any suggestions?

Another character building being erased. (MacEwan acquired this)
---

Reference ID: Job No 481885958-002
Description: Demolition
Plan 9921814 Blk 5 Lot 2
Applicant: PRAIRIE DEMOLITION LTD.
Create Date: 2023-08-21T12:48:10Z
Neighbourhood: CENTRAL MCDOUGALL

1583348964173-png.234415

---

Reference ID: Job No 356496742-002
Description: Alteration of (an) existing building(s), Exterior Alteration, Interior Alteration, Change of Use
Plan 9921814 Blk 5 Lot 2
Applicant: WONDERLAND GAMES O/A HAPPY HARBOR COMICS
Create Date: 3/2/2020 9:56:07 PM

View attachment 234415

Another character building being erased. (MacEwan acquired this)
---

Reference ID: Job No 481885958-002
Description: Demolition
Plan 9921814 Blk 5 Lot 2
Applicant: PRAIRIE DEMOLITION LTD.
Create Date: 2023-08-21T12:48:10Z

1583348964173-png.234415

---
Seeing the old Chintz & Co is a sad reminder of all the more local retail variety that used to be in/next to downtown that seems to be continually closing.

To be fair, the building is likely uninhabitable due to arson in March of last year.
I should know because I used to shop at Wonder Harbor Comics on a weekly basis until that arson shut them down.

Back