News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Originally Posted by spider
I was at Finch and Don Mills last night at 5:30 pm waiting for the light to change when I noticed that there was as much traffic southbound as northbound. Does this mean that as many people live in the 416 and work in the 905 as the reverse?

Well, why not--there's all that Markham industry to consider. (And of course, those commuting to and from Markham are more likely to use automobiles--out of necessity, of course--than those commuting to and from downtown.)

Just making an observation that may be contrary to the concept that all 905ers work in 416 and suffer commuting woes for their choice. If there are as many people commuting in the opposite direction maybe this whole Downtown Vs Suburban thing is a dead horse that we can stop flogging.

Well, why not--there's all that Markham industry to consider.
When I stand on Don Mills Road in rush-hour, it seems to me, that while both are busy, and there are back-ups in both directions ... that there are still a lot more cars moving to/from Downtown than from points north.

Do you stand in rush hour traffic often? Is this something you started doing recently, or did you pick up this dangerous habit as a child?
??? You have to stand when waiting for the pedestrian symbol to change. You also have to stand there when waiting for a bus. Over the days, this gives you a good chance to observe the traffic moving in both directions.

I'm not sure why you think being a pedestrian is a dangerous habit ... is this some kind of suburban thing?

Back