8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

TonyV

Member Bio
Reaction score
While you were all out in T.O LuminaTOing last weekend, my squeeze surprised with tickets to Stratford.

- The Importance of Being Earnest – scrumptiously funny with Brian Bedford as Lady Bracknell; I thought Julia Child had come back to earth in fancier garb, actually. Must see.

- West Side Story – worthy of the lavish press it has received. The splendid principals, Chilina Kennedy (Maria), Paul Nolan (Tony) and gasp Jennifer Rias almost stealing the show away as Anita. Seriously I could go again to hear Chilina Kennedy sing her part. And Paul Nolan is just too beautiful (and all) not to mention; great acting and macho to boot.

- We are tempted to call upon Marg Delahunty to smite Des McAnuff for the number he did on Macbeth. Oh, the damage. I didn’t care for Colm Feore’s work in the lead, either. As we left the theatre I had to choose my response from “that blowed up real good†and “funny the way they can’t break that play†.. I chose the latter.

I remember seeing Freore do Julias Caesar at Stratford in 1990 and thought he was great. He looked his Shakespearean self in Titus.and I have to admit I've even been a fan of his cheezy stuff such as his over the top bit in The Chronicles of Riddick. Did the movie industry ruin him?

Back