News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Re: Mississauga

Further, do you guys really think all this money is local as well??
it is the world's wealthiest corporations investing in a lissez-faire capitalists system.. no regulations, no laws, no taxes, no unions equals a lot of what we see in Dubai..

One of my good friends Daniel Cheong just moved from Singapore to Dubai last month and is finally posting some of his images from there. Below is one of them. Daniel is one of the top photographers on flickr and has been featured in magazines before - he has some amazing stuff! Check it out here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/danielcheong/

2690219326_a5e768679e_o.jpg

Absolute insanity! It's on steroids.
Although I'm dumbfounded by how stunning some of the plans seem to me, when you view it as a whole it begins to look like a dead, monolithic, steel world. With everything ordered and seperate. Residential in one part, city skyscrapers in another part, and a random enormous airport inbetween? It's like playing God and creating your little theme park.

Once the Al Burj goes up it'll be the most insane structure ever built in Earth. I think the CN Tower will be about half it's size.

Al_Burj_t.jpg

ShowLetter_025.jpeg

Emaar Properties recently stated that Burj Dubai's final height will be announced in September of 2009

That does look like double CN tower's height... which would make it over 1 KM vertical... That is insane

Looks like a rendering! And a cartoony one at that! Amazing.

Love that picture. A lot of sophisticated planning when into that corridor. Short then tall then short again. Repeat for entire length of of street.

That's the elevated trainline thing they're building out front of those buildings.

We have Harper trying to cut two cents of the federal gas tax. Meanwhile, Dubai building a 22nd century city.

Back